Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

School Stuff for 8 y/o and 4 y/0

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am going to start school shopping for my dd and ds. They are 4 and 8. How much do I spend to start off the school year? How much do you spend? This includes backpacks, lunch pals, school supplies, clothes, and shoes.

by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 6:19 AM
Not sure how much you might spend. I have 3 kids and with registration and all around 350$ we spend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM

For 2 kids ages 10 and 11, this year we spent $400, so $200 each for supplies, clothes, and shoes.

CoolMommyofboys
by Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I'm not sure how much I have spent.  I bought my oldest a back pack from Pottery Barn back when he started kindergarten- it is still nice- he will use it again this year (will be his third year to use it) I bought the youngest one also when he started preschool back in Januauary- I hope his will last 'til second or third grade also.  I also bought them the lunch boxes.

the youngests registration fee also included the supply fee that I paid at the end of the year for this year.  I bought a pkg. from the school for the oldests school supplies for this year at the end of last year- it was around 40- I can't really remember

I have bought both boys a new shirt for the first day and have bought the oldest a few other shirts.  It stays hot here so long, they can wear their summer clothes through October.  I will need to buy the oldest new pants this year though cuz he is taller than he was last year.

sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

seriously what is  with registration fees for public schools? I have never heard of that till this year. I am just curious since jin is going to private chrisitan school and I had to pay registration for that anyway but was just wondering since I have never heard of that. 

singlemomof2nok
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I am not for sure how much I spent, I believe less than 300 for 2 kiddos

aneela
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM

mine is starting preschool and some items are new and some are used...i would say for the 4 y.o $100 and the 8y.o $200...at most. Best wishes.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I never have a set limit but each start out with a few new outfits and whatever school supplies are o nthe list that the schools send. They need new shoes, socks, undies, that sort of thing...

Sijai
by Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I usually bank $300 for the start of school. If I use it all, fine, if not, and there are some funds left over, it goes into an envelope, for cash things he needs at school. Trips and stuff. He wears uniforms at school, uniforms that we can work around and still show some style. I buy some expensive outfits and mostly cheap ones too. Lunch box and back pack are still good from last yr. Some of the uniform shirts I bought at the end of the sale are good for later in the school yr. Shoes, the most expensive, I buy from our general fund. They are the most expensive! With school supplies on sale, I usually buy doubles. Boys are as easy of school gear as girls. I also help my other grands get some of their things they need. Shoes the big one, then clothes.

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM
My kids will be homeschooled :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 1:35 AM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My kids will be homeschooled :)

That sure makes it easier

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)