• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding Work

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

How many of you are currently going through the struggles of finding work or have recently went through those struggles?

How did you cope financially while you looked?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I'm currently looking for work but luckily my husband works full time so we aren't struggling.  It's so tough out there.  I feel for everyone!  Good luck and I hope something comes your way.

Bethbeth
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

My husband has been working only part-time for quite awhile now. 

We have cut our bills way down, and just try not to spend anything.

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Quoting owensmom34:

I'm currently looking for work but luckily my husband works full time so we aren't struggling.  It's so tough out there.  I feel for everyone!  Good luck and I hope something comes your way.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Quoting owensmom34:

My husband works full-time as well, but it isn't paying all the bills. Thank you though. =)

Charli627
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM
I just got a job Monday. I had training today. I'm going to be a preK teacher. As for coping, we weren't (we just did without and mil was giving Dh gas money just to get to work) and still aren't till I finally get paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM

My husband is empolyed but is always on the look out for a better opp on the side. 

mumsy2three
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:58 AM

My hubby and I both work full time. Right now we aren't having any issues. Things can always change though.

TJandKarasMom
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:11 AM

My husband and I each work part time.  We are always looking for something better, but what we have now is more than we did for 3 years while he was out of work.  Luckily I have a great mother in law that lets us live with her (we pay rent) until we can buy a house.  Things are tight, but we manage and have what we need.  Luckily our rent includes utilities and we just have to buy food, gas, and we pay for insurance,  groceries, cell phones, car pmts etc.  We both also go to school, so hopefully the market opens up a bit as we complete our degrees and we can both get decent full time jobs!

It is so hard to find a good job.  I just applied for three different positions I really wanted and thought I was perfectly qualified for, and didn't even get a phone call.  It has made both hubby and I question if we should even keep bothering to waste the paper and stamps to apply!  Good luck to everyone looking, I hope things start looking up soon!

singlemomof2nok
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM

here's a bump!

usmclife58
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM

We have been lucky not to have to deal with any of that yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)