• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anybody ever...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 26 Replies

Painted a bike to save money?  My 4 year 2 month old just learned to ride a bike without training wheels!

This is a GREAT bike but it's a 16" and it was much easier for him to ride his friend's 12".  I was looking for one and SIL gave me this one...

But it's obviously very girly LOL.  I'm just going to spray paint it.  Any tips?  It only needs to last until he gets the hang of it enough to use his 16".  I have spray paint so it's not going to cost me anything

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I have never painted a bike but that's a great idea!  I wish you lived near me because I could give you my son's old bike.  :)

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Yeah, that would be so nice!

Quoting owensmom34:

I have never painted a bike but that's a great idea!  I wish you lived near me because I could give you my son's old bike.  :)

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I just didn't want to spend $60 on something he's going to use for 2 months you know?  He just got his balance bike 2 months ago and now he's pretty much out of that and he just got this...

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM

well, his bike part of it he just got.

sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM
no idea but that is a great idea.
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Well, I painted it.  I didn't want to put a lot of time, energy, or money into this so it was a really quick job.  DS is happy with it though so that's what matters right?  Just need to finish letting it dry and put the seat and such back on.  It's far from perfect and the black paint was FAR better than the red which kept dripping.  But hey, it won't be for long :)

CoolMommyofboys
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Well, I painted it.  I didn't want to put a lot of time, energy, or money into this so it was a really quick job.  DS is happy with it though so that's what matters right?  Just need to finish letting it dry and put the seat and such back on.  It's far from perfect and the black paint was FAR better than the red which kept dripping.  But hey, it won't be for long :)

way to go Mama!!

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM

The finished product.  The black is good but the red drives me crazy!  I let him put stickers on it too.

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Nope,but great idea! And nice pics.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:14 PM

My dad used to do it all the time for us kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)