Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Our electricity bill went up again :(

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:38 PM
  • 19 Replies

Tiring, isn't it how everything keeps going up in price?

by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Yep, it sure is.  I'm not looking forward to seeing our bill since the AC has been on a lot the past few weeks.

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:45 AM

My DH was upset because sometimes the kids keep the doors open while outside but everyone's bill went up.  I guess we just have to be more conscious of making sure things are closed up and off during the day.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Yep, it sure is.  I'm not looking forward to seeing our bill since the AC has been on a lot the past few weeks.

blsdbyangel07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Yep.  It's kinda sad  :(   I'm hoping for my bill to be lower this month (August) last month was 135.00 which isn't bad I know but I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and we're not home only so much.  When I work late I stay at my folks.  I do not leave it running.  And a lot of days thus far as been cool like in the 80s so i've had my windows open instead.

HTMommy
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM

we've been running fans in the windows the only ac that stays on is the one in our bedroom bc its starting to die and if we turn it off, it takes forever to restart and cool things down. As we live in the hottest room in the house (direct sunlight most of the day and no insulating rooms) it takes hours....sometimes a full day to cool it off.

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Know what you mean.

aneela
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:12 PM

same here

CoolMommyofboys
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:12 PM

our water bill went up last month and even more this month    sigh            we haven't been watering as much lately though cuz we're on "restrictions"     the whole area is becuase of our lack or rain        so I'm hoping next month that it is back down

mumsy2three
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Ours did too. We are on a budget plan so we pay the same monthly amount throughout the year. Our new payment is almost $30 more than last years amount.

singlemomof2nok
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I am a little nervous to see my next bill

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Yes! I'm ready for fall!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)