Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I started planning my retirement when I was 24 years old.

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/08/12/top-three-things-20-somethings-can-do-to-prepare-for-retirement/

by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Thanks for posting :)

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Good for you!  Thanks for posting!

Joeygoat
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I had a goal to retire when I was 45 years old.  I was glad I pre planned many years ahead.  I was faced with a diagnosis of cancer when I turned 40 years old.  Because of my pre planning, I was able to still send both children to college, payoff my home, and have an income from my retirement funds, just five years earlier than planned.  G-d was really looking out for me.  I am now 51 years young, and yesterday I got the news that I am cancer free going on seven years!  Woo Hoo. 

singlemomof2nok
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:21 AM

That's awesome

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 2:56 AM
Great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liansmommie
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Thanks for posting

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Quoting Joeygoat:

I had a goal to retire when I was 45 years old.  I was glad I pre planned many years ahead.  I was faced with a diagnosis of cancer when I turned 40 years old.  Because of my pre planning, I was able to still send both children to college, payoff my home, and have an income from my retirement funds, just five years earlier than planned.  G-d was really looking out for me.  I am now 51 years young, and yesterday I got the news that I am cancer free going on seven years!  Woo Hoo. 

Congrats!

mumsy2three
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Quoting Joeygoat:

Congrats! That's awesome!

mumsy2three
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:51 AM

TFS!

aneela
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM

wow that is great

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)