Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I need some encouragement. This is nothing too serious.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 4:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

So this summer or upcoming fall I have to rework our budget. We have extra expenses coming in such as tuition for private school being the huge one and Christmas fund and upping the life insurance.

I have a Tuition bank account and i have a Christmas fund account started here in August-should have about 600 by Christmas. 

We have quite a bit left over every pay so that is a blessing in itself. However, It's hard seeing the money not being deposited into a sinking fund or my savings or expanding my emergency fund more.. But rather on tuition and Christmas and whatever else we have, what a huge adjusment.

I love seeing my savings grow because it encourages me to save more, but with money going in several directions it's hard to see it grow. It does grow but not as fast as before. 

I am a bit out of my comfort zone and I am a bit discouraged that is all. Thank you for letting me vent. 

You all are a blessing to me. I love this page. 

Blessings to you. We are each on this jouney together although different situations. Hugs.

by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CoolMommyofboys
by Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM

maybe it will give you some comfort knowing that your child is going to a private school?  at least the money is going some where you feel is important?  why if you don't mind me asking does your child go to a private school?  I'd love for mine to go to a Christian school around here but I just can't justify spending the money every month when our school district is so GREAT...my son goes to public school and has always had great teachers (his kindergarten teacher goes to my favorite church around here- I loved her) and he has always loved school.

Also, it is so GREAT that you can save some and you have money left over each month?  so many people live pay check to pay check...that would surely make me feel out of my comfort zone.  I know how blessed we are.

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM

We are continually going check to check and never have enough to save.  I feel bad that we don't have much savings for our kids college.

singlemomof2nok
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:32 AM

We are the same way

Quoting owensmom34:

We are continually going check to check and never have enough to save.  I feel bad that we don't have much savings for our kids college.

msjaxon
by Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM
How important is private school? I think its great you have savings toward a goal. Try looking at your accounts globally
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I'm sorry :(  I love watching my savings grow too.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

((( hugs))) at least its great you have money to do those blessings !!! Isn't that an awesome feeling. I guess how fast savings grows is totally up to you. Like for instance for us, instead of private school expense we choose to home school which saves us a lot to put into savings. Also We choose to not give chirstmas gifts that are not home made this year to people or between my spouse and I . I am making homemade jellys and hand sewing gifts etc. The only ones we will be giving some store bought gifts to is the kids. That saves us a TON of money also to keep going into savings. 

So it boils down to each familys personal prioritys in what they want. 

I do understand however about how you wish to see savings grow faster. 

LiloViet
by Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Thanks everyone. greawt advice. i will try to look at it globally. That makes sense.

Our school district is okay. Her school rating is about 4 star if I remember correctly. However the class is way too big 30+ kids. I want her in a Christian and smaller setting. We are blessed to have her in a Christian school.  

usmclife58
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Good luck with everything!

LiloViet
by Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Quoting suziejax:

((( hugs))) at least its great you have money to do those blessings !!! Isn't that an awesome feeling. I guess how fast savings grows is totally up to you. Like for instance for us, instead of private school expense we choose to home school which saves us a lot to put into savings. Also We choose to not give chirstmas gifts that are not home made this year to people or between my spouse and I . I am making homemade jellys and hand sewing gifts etc. The only ones we will be giving some store bought gifts to is the kids. That saves us a TON of money also to keep going into savings. 

So it boils down to each familys personal prioritys in what they want. 

I do understand however about how you wish to see savings grow faster. 

If I had another child homeschooling would be our option. We only have one, so husband was not on board with that. Homeschooling is awesome! You have so much control over everything!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement