Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Welcome to The Family Piggy Bank! Introduce yourself...

wave 

Welcome to The Family Piggy Bank!  We're glad you're here!

To introduce yourself and meet other moms, please click here:
Welcome to The Family Piggy Bank! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Nice to meet everyone and welcome to a great group. 

kalliea
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM

My name is Kallie and I live in Northern CA. Both of my kids are grown, my youngest is living with us and going to college right now. I have been a SAHM since I got pregnant with my youngest,nearly 20 years. I have always been in charge of the family finances. I grew up in a modest income family but as my income increased I gave up most of my childhood ways for what I thought was a better lifestyle. Several things happened over the past few years to bring me to where we are now. My shopping and clutter issue became unmanagable and had to be dealt with several years ago. I adopted many of the methods from Flylady.net to help me emotionally deal with my issues and get stuff under control. A few years ago I became even more aware of the environmental impact of our lifestyle, and made many significant changes. My husband is self employeed and the recession hit our income hard. We lost about 60% of our income. Fortunately all of my previous changes made it possible to weather the storm. We had very little debt, had been in our home for over 15 years (= managable mortgage) I didn't use shopping as entertainment, and did what I like to call shopping with intention. Basically I bought what I needed and no more.

We have had a lot of changes in our lives this year, all 3 of us got jobs, my DH took a fulltime position with one of his clients, my DS is working part time while going to community college, and I began getting paid at the environmental learning center where I've volunteered for over 3 years. We are active in our community with cycling and other activites and we spend a lot more quality time together. Many people may think we are sacraficing, but to us it doesn't feel like it. I grow a lot of my own food, which has connected me to other local gardeners, we spend much of our free time and vacations bicycling which has connected us to an amazing group of fellow cyclists in our area. I have also gotten back in touch with my roots, gardening, canning, cooking at home, raising chickens, etc these were all things my parents wanted to teach all of us, but we wanted to move in another direction, I regret that I lost both my parents before I could learn from them, but am blessed that relearning these things is connecting me with so many wonderful people in my community.

There are resources in every community, so if you ever have trouble finding them, I'm always happy to help with the search. It took me 6 months to find someone who knew of a farmers market, but once I found one, I discovered we have no less than 3 everyday of the week in my area. The networks are out there, you just have to find one of the branches to start with.

mariannegie
by Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Hi, I'm Marianne, and I'm relatively new to Cafe Mom.  I'm the saver/budgeter/investor in our family.  We have one DD.

lilmans_mommy
by Member on Sep. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Hello all! My name is Shaunna, I have been a Cafemom member since 2007. I havent been on Cafe mom in a while so I'm back and ready to make new friends. I'm 32 yrs old been married for 6 years, we have 2 wonderful children (DS is 10yrs old DD is 3yrs old). We both recently got laid off our jobs for the 3rd time! So I am all about wanting to learn on how to save money and budgeting.

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Welcome everyone!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 18, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Nice to have you in our group!

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 5:52 AM

welcome everyone!

kmjmurp
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Hi, I'm Karen. I'm a mom of a 10 month old with one on the way in March. We live in rural area of East Texas. My husband and I are complete nerds about our finances, so I thought this would be a good group to join. We listen to Dave Ramsey every day (almost), and we do our budget together as a family at least once a week. :P

_Mrs.H_
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Hello.  I am a married sahm of two!

Look forward to being apart of this group!

PrissyT
by Tracy on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Welcome ladies ! :)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)