Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthdays..

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

Okay, every year our children become a year older. Do you have a birthday budget when the birthdays come around?

What are some more frugal ideas you can do to decorate or even for gifts at a childs party?

From food,favors, decorations,gifts,games,cake....share any and all tips!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I have no budget.  100% of the time it's unlimited.  It's only 1 time a year.  Every year we do something different and uniquie and different. 

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Birthdays don't come with a set budget. The past year I asked Keelin what she wanted to do and she wanted to go feed ducks at Riverfront. The year before we did Build A Bear. I go all out (as much as I can on my tiny budget lol) on birthdays.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM

We have only had one for Joey so far, and it was reasonablly priced, and I would never do more than our family could afford.

baby
jen113000
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I try to keep things simple. I don't go overboard, and I buy things we love to eat/drink etc. And we'll eat the leftovers. I don't really decorate for the parties. I find it to be a waste. No one notices and it's just wasted money imo.

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I like to go all out too, but in a different way.

Like this year when I was decorating I printed off and laminated pictures and signs (Thoams the train party) that way he could reuse them. i didn't go all out in all thomas stuff, I kept it to the 2 main colors and went crazy then threw in a few thomas balloons. For favors I printed off Thomas coloring sheets and made a coloring book for all the kids. I also made train cookies too. 

PrissyT
by Tracy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I dont go all out You can Go simple & cheap  and still have a great Birthday party !

PrissyT
by Tracy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM

A couple kids & a park Is Right up our alley ! Or Some friends & the skateland :) 

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM
We have a budget for everything! We usually have a party here with just cake and ice-cream. I make their cakes and they are always awesome, and we just use streamers and balloons. We don't feel the need to feed everyone a meal or spend crazy amounts of money on entertainment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I think those bounce houses and such are crazy expensive. Def not in my budget!

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:14 PM

We've only had one birthday. We used the Dollar Tree:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)