Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family Night

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do any of you have a family night? If so, what do you do? What day do you choose to have family night?

Play games? craft? cook/bake? movies?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Yes,,, we cook, play games wacth movies or go to the movies :-) sometimes before dark go on a walk 

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM

We try to have family night, but we don't set a day or time.  It's just random and we are like oh tonight will be family night...lol! 

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Yeah, Fridays seem to be Family nights around here mainly we get pizza and watch movies. Other times, we move the living room coffee table over and picnic on the floor and make forts. i have also took a box and made it into a car for a drive-in type feel for ds. We also paint popcorn with milk and food coloring too.

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Yep, Monday night is what we call Family Home Evening.  We have a lesson on some moral or value (being kind, loving our neighbor, etc), we usually play a game of some sort, have a special treat, and just spend time together as a family.  We also have Friday Flicks - every Friday night we watch movies together and eat popcorn.  The kids get to stay up extra late (9:00....ooooohhhhh).  December 1 we begin our nightly devotionals before Christmas where we basically have a nightly devotional of a story and scripture of some sort and we usually drink hot cocoa or hot apple cider in front of the fire.  Then we sing a Christmas carol or 2 and that's about it.  I love those the most.  Wish we did that all year long, but it'd get old and lose some of the special meaning.

PrissyT
by Tracy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Normally On the weekends ! & we play games & watch Movies & eat Popcorn The Kids love it & we all get to sit down together as a family 

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

We try to have family night, but we don't set a day or time.  It's just random and we are like oh tonight will be family night...lol! 

That is pretty much what we do.

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I miss those days ,,, I used to do that with my kids :)

Quoting mommyprice09:

Yeah, Fridays seem to be Family nights around here mainly we get pizza and watch movies. Other times, we move the living room coffee table over and picnic on the floor and make forts. i have also took a box and made it into a car for a drive-in type feel for ds. We also paint popcorn with milk and food coloring too.

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Yup, we're doing it this Friday! Cooking, movie, fun games!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:22 AM

aww great nights!! weekends of staying up late are so nice for the kids 

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Yep, Monday night is what we call Family Home Evening.  We have a lesson on some moral or value (being kind, loving our neighbor, etc), we usually play a game of some sort, have a special treat, and just spend time together as a family.  We also have Friday Flicks - every Friday night we watch movies together and eat popcorn.  The kids get to stay up extra late (9:00....ooooohhhhh).  December 1 we begin our nightly devotionals before Christmas where we basically have a nightly devotional of a story and scripture of some sort and we usually drink hot cocoa or hot apple cider in front of the fire.  Then we sing a Christmas carol or 2 and that's about it.  I love those the most.  Wish we did that all year long, but it'd get old and lose some of the special meaning.

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Not yet. DD is only 1,but id love to cook and play games:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)