Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

19 kids!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM
  • 14 Replies

What is your take on 19 kids and counting? 

i always wondered how they make enough money to feed everyone and keep up with the house. Plus all the trips they take. You would need a big bank account!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Well if Kate Gosslin was getting $50K a show I am sure they are getting more then that.

I'm all for them.  Do what you need to do, but don't have kids to keep your fame up. 

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM

yeah, that is what my guess is as well that they'd be getting money.

i would be so tired after having all those kids and the cooking nad cleaning and buying. I know the older ones help but i would still be walking in a haze.

michelles
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM

From what I have observed from wathcing the show...older kids buddy up with a younger kid...they help them with everything...from meals, lessons, cleaning chores, everything! Each child has a "zone" and that is their chore...which rotates to keep from getting bored! The older girls do help with a lot of the cooking and cleaning!

As to how they can afford everything...they have commercial property that they rent out and I believe they have rentel homes that they rent out...they also have a cell phone tower on one of their properties...which I am sure brings in a good bit of money! they always buy clothes and shoes at the thrift/consignment stores...and the kids are all home-schooled! they make all of their cleaning products themselves...the only real major expense that I have seen is their grocery bill!

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I love that show and they are an amazing family! 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM

E-Online estimates they make 25,000 to 40,000 per episode, but I bet they pay for a lot of those trips as well, because it makes good tv. When you watch, they do say they have commercial properties they rent out. Also I believe Michelle has written some books right?

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM

My take is that they seem to be doing just fine. I don't agree with saddling the older children with the younger, I don't think the children get as much of their parents' attention as they need but they seem to be happy enough.

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM

He makes good money ,, he owns a lot of porperty.  He was ok with $$ long before they ever made money with the show too. I like the family and think God has blessed them tramendously and thats there lot in life. I think it shows how they have unity together. I know so many familys that dont. They are strong hard working people and stand strong in what they belive and I love how there is so much love in that house.

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I enjoy the show. I think its kinda wrong that all the older children have to take care of the little ones,but to each their own. They seem like a great family. :)

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I think they are a great family too. Michelle is always so patient!

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I know I admire that about her

Quoting jbyrd898:

I think they are a great family too. Michelle is always so patient!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)