Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to Save $: Shopping

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

shoppingMake a list before going shopping: They call it impulse buying for a reason. Humans simply have a very tough time resisting the temptation to purchase extras while shopping. Without a list you will buy items that you simply do not need. Even worse is when your forget to purchase the actual item you came to the store for in the first place. If you plan on cooking at home, pre-plan a rough menu and make a list before you go grocery shopping. Getting all that you need in one trip can help avoid another unnecessary trip and temptation.

In addition you can...

Go grocery shopping while you are in a hurry: Maybe you need to go out in a couple of hours. Or your favorite show is going to be on TV after a couple of hours. Try to squeeze in the grocery trip in that intermediate time. Armed with your grocery list, you should be in-and-out very quickly with little time for meandering and getting tempted to buy things you don’t need.

Your thoughts?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Thats just my standard any how I always make a list. And stick to my enevelope system and budget most of the time there is no other new ways I can think of to $$ more than I already do.. I hit sales and use coupons etc. too.

michiganmom2011
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Dont shop while hungry:-)

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Quoting michiganmom2011:

Word.

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Another important thing for me is to NOT put 'something for dinner, lunch, etc..' on the list. Too much room for thinking and overspending!

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

You got that right Momma!

Quoting michiganmom2011:

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I always do a list and keep to it.

Angelovekisses
by Anne on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:47 AM
This and always have a list already made.

Quoting michiganmom2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)