Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to Save $: Generic

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

No sweetpea...

Buy generic products whenever possible: Does it really matter whether your cereal is made by Kellogg's or is the store brand? Does it matter if your milk is Oak Farms or the store brand? For a few things (like soda in particular), I prefer brand name products. For others, I do not mind generic store brands if they can save me money. Find what works for you and switch to generic brands for at least a part of your grocery list.

Thoughts 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Angelovekisses
by Anne on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:05 AM
I buy generic when I can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:58 AM

I buy many generic products as they are just as good as the brand name ones. But there are a few I will not go generic on b/c they are just not the same: ketchup, OJ and cereal to name a few. I do buy the brand name if it's on sale, I have a coupon and it turns out to be the same price as the generic.

jen113000
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I buy generic for some things. Not everything though, we've tried some generic brands for some things and they were not good at all.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I think sometimes when you get use to a certain product you tend to stick with it because it's what you know and like. 

ceciliam
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:52 AM

There are many things that I buy generic and sometimes they are better then name brand.

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM

agree

Quoting ceciliam:

There are many things that I buy generic and sometimes they are better then name brand.

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I buy almost everything generic.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Most everything I purchase is generic. I think name brand peanut butter tastes different though...I'm probably imagining it though!

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I buy a lot of generic, some of it has surprised me in the past.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)