Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to Save $: Store Bags

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  • 10 Replies

holding cloth bagUse grocery store bags to line trash cans: This may not work if you use a massive trash can but we use a small sized one for which the grocery bags are a perfect fit. This not only helps us save some money, but reduces our environmental foot print and avoids the kitchen from stinking from a huge overflowing trash can.

Do you do this? 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Yep and as I had stated in my poll yesterday  about repurposing  I use them for so many other things too!!!  

jerzeetomato
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I mostly recycle them at the grocery store and try to use my re-useable grocery bags for shopping.  I do keep some for daily scooping of the litter box.  They are the perfect size for that job.

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Yes, we do!

superwoman8977
by Traci on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM

We use grocery store bags to line trash cans as well as clean up dog poo and clean the litterbox...

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM

We mostly use those bags for picking up dog poo, or in the car as little trash bags.

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Quoting suziejax:

Yep and as I had stated in my poll yesterday  about repurposing  I use them for so many other things too!!!  

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I do but I have so many I'm a little frightened. I may need to find another use for them!

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

hey girl! There are a ton of things you can use them for... if you want send me a note I will make you a list! Youd be surprised :-)

Quoting ta2dirishlass:

I do but I have so many I'm a little frightened. I may need to find another use for them!

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don't get the store bags. I use my own bags, so now. We use biodegradeable basket bags if we use them.

Angelovekisses
by Anne on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM
Yep. We use the bags in the smaller trash cans through out the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)