• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One car or two

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

One way to save money is to have only one car (insurance, car payments etc). Does your family have one car or two? If you have two, would you consider downsizing to one to save $$?

Our family has one. My husband bikes/busses to work (only a mile away though).

baby
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM

We have two cars but only one car payment. We could make it with just one car but prefer to each have one.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

We have 1 car right now, but we need 2. 

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM

2 cars. 1 car is pd off and better on gas dh uses it to go back n forth to work. the other car is the family car with carseat available so we use that for appts and stuff.

yourpassion
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

we have two and i wouldn't want to try and do it with just one.  although i know it's doable...i choose not to do it.

ReesesPieces
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

We have 2 cars, but we own both and considering only 1 of them holds our entire family and I need it for school drop off and pick-up while hubby is at work....nah, we wouldn't downsize.  It isn't necessary for us to save money.  I go about 2 weeks on a tank of gas easily so it's not worth the hassle for basically the same costs.  I'd have to take hubby to work, come home, pick him back up come home.  It would actually be more expensive for gas that way. 

PrissyT
by Tracy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM

1 car atm only b/c our other car we sold for really cheap b/c it was not in the best of shape and the guy we sold it to had xtra cash to do what needed to be done to it .. we will be getting another car really soon though 

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:24 PM

One car for me. I miss being in an area where I could just use public transport but for now I need a car.

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

We have two. My husband can't ride bike to work I wish he could. he has to commute. Now when we relocate maybe he can? I dunno but our lives are so busy we need 2 cards for sure for now .

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

At least we have no car paymenst for our 2 thankfully

suziejax
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Thats us too I dont want to lol

Quoting yourpassion:

we have two and i wouldn't want to try and do it with just one.  although i know it's doable...i choose not to do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)