Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you look at unit price?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

When you are shopping, do you compare unit price? Did you know that just b/c something is cheaper does not really mean it is? Next time you go shopping, look at the unit prices for things; see how much you get compared to amount of product. In the long run, unit price is a better indication of something being cheaper.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

All the time. 

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Not only do I look at unit price, but I also use a calculator (thankfully which is on my phone). Walmart has a "buy two and save" deal with thier ink, which is like 2-4 cents higher than what buying two seperately would be.

Angelovekisses
by Anne on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:28 AM
I do not but my boyfriend does lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:00 AM

Wow, you're good!!! LOL!

I know that many people never look at this, so I thought I'd post about it.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Not only do I look at unit price, but I also use a calculator (thankfully which is on my phone). Walmart has a "buy two and save" deal with thier ink, which is like 2-4 cents higher than what buying two seperately would be.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Yes, we always look at unit price!! It's great that they write it up there in most stores.

Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Yes I do. Esecially comparing larger sizes and brands. 

I hate when they make a bigger bulk size of something but it ends up being more expensive than buying multiples that the same amount...  If that makes sense. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:31 AM

makes complete sense!

Quoting Sweet0.0Cheeks:

I hate when they make a bigger bulk size of something but it ends up being more expensive than buying multiples that the same amount...  If that makes sense. 

baby
jen113000
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I hate that too!

Quoting Sweet0.0Cheeks:

suziejax
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Yes 

suziejax
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Sneaky they are!! lol

Quoting AllofFive19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)