Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

holding gifts  I'm sure many of you have either started shopping or starting making your Christmas Gifts for friends and family.

Since we are trying to budget and save let's share the idea's that you have done in prior years or are planning on doing this year.

santa greenMerry Christmas & A Happy New Yearsanta green

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
michelles
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM

My two SIL decided that the kids are going to make gifts for each other this year! Kids range from 14-3 in age...all boys but two! I found lots of cute crafts that we may try on family fun's website!

hudson.maggie
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Ill be making each one of my sisters/SILS homemade hot cocoa mix with snowman pretzel sticks, my step mom will be getting a wired photo tree, and My MIL will be getting a butterfly made from my DD's footprints

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Love making gift baskets!

Quoting Lo1427:

I really like homemade gift baskets. You can do a theme like movie night and include popcorn, a movie, candy, soda, etc.

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Ill be making each one of my sisters/SILS homemade hot cocoa mix with snowman pretzel sticks, my step mom will be getting a wired photo tree, and My MIL will be getting a butterfly made from my DD's footprints

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

hudson.maggie
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Nice!

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Thanks  =) I'll also be making little baskets for the cocoa mix and pretzels to go in =)

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM

For those of you that are making gift basket do you wish to share you details and how you do them.  

Where do you find your baskets?

Where do you find what you are going to put in it? 

hudson.maggie
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Here is the type of basket I will be making (made from rope and yarn)

here are the instructions:

http://www.craftypod.com/2008/04/19/how-to-coil-a-basket/

Here is what will be put in it:

snowman-http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/crunchy-the-snowman-682480/

hot cocoa mix-http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/best-hot-cocoa-mix-684253/

Quoting AzariahsMother:

For those of you that are making gift basket do you wish to share you details and how you do them.  

amy7243
by Amy on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM
My friend just showed me a scrapbook she made out of lunch bags....I am going to try this.
mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM

lemon sugar scrub, bath salts, painted bulbs, salt dough and cinnamon ornaments the salt dough ones we r going to paint, fleece tie blanket possibility for dh

thats it for now

Lo1427
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 3:33 PM
I find baskets at goodwill throughout the year for a few bucks a piece and I use coupons to get a lot of the stuff inside.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)