Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Homemade Christmas Idea's

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM
  • 80 Replies

holding gifts  I'm sure many of you have either started shopping or starting making your Christmas Gifts for friends and family.

Since we are trying to budget and save let's share the idea's that you have done in prior years or are planning on doing this year.

santa greenMerry Christmas & A Happy New Yearsanta green

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Name of Project

Potpourri Filled Glass Jar

Ages This Project is Suitable For

Teens and adults

Approximate Time Required to Complete This Project

An hour or less

Materials Needed

Glass jar

Fake leaves

Scented potpourri

Battery operated tea light

Holiday ribbon

Scissors

Instructions

1. With any medium to large clean jar, line medium assorted autumn fake leaves around the inside of the jar so there are no blank spaces.

2. Put any spice or holiday (fall) scented potpourri inside to the neck of the jar.

3. Add battery operated tea light.

4. Add festive ribbon around the neck of the jar.

Tips and Tricks

• At night, turn off all the lights and turn the tea light inside of the jar, it will illuminate the whole room and also fill the air with the warm aroma.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Bath Salt Recipe

Bath Salt Recipe

Materials:

• Bottle or Jar
  • Epsom Salts
  • Food Coloring
  • Perfume or Essential Oil

Instructions:
Combine the desired amount of Epsom salts (enough to fit in your bottle or jar) with food coloring. Mix well so color is even. Add your perfume or essential oil and mix again. Spread the mixture out on a sheet of wax paper to dry for a couple of hours and then put it in the bottle or jar.

While the salts can be used right away, the perfume or essential oil will blend better with the salt if it is allowed to set in the jar for a few weeks.

jerzeetomato
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I like to make photo gifts - especially for relatives.  I sort photos and work them into collages with a program like Picasa, then have them printed out at Walmart or Target, etc., (an 8x10 is usually about 3.00) then put them in nice frames.  A personal, inexpensive gift that is usually unique.

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I am making home made Jelly

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I am also making home made wreaths

Lo1427
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:47 PM

You read my mind! I was just looking for ideas this morning. One thing I saw that I thought was cool was sort of a play on  the whole ____ of the month thing. It's a homemade "club" membership. You know how people give out wine of the month, coffee of the month, etc.? Well, you can give your own by saying you will do a Dessert of the Month or Dinner of the Month. I thought that was cute. You can make a little card and attach it to something to make an actual gift to open.

Lo1427
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I really like homemade gift baskets. You can do a theme like movie night and include popcorn, a movie, candy, soda, etc.

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I will come back later to post the recipe for the Christmas Jelly !

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I give out portraits and cookies for family.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Share with us how you are making them along with the jelly. 

Quoting suziejax:

I am also making home made wreaths

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)