Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

holding gifts  I'm sure many of you have either started shopping or starting making your Christmas Gifts for friends and family.

Since we are trying to budget and save let's share the idea's that you have done in prior years or are planning on doing this year.

santa greenMerry Christmas & A Happy New Yearsanta green

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
j45505
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I want to book mark this for ideas! You ladies rock!

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

My blog has a ton of ideas!!! I did 25 days of Christmas all kinds of ideas...copy and paste the link below. once you are there, it will be last year in November/December.

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

baskets can be found at Dollar Tree, also the boxes of candy, popcorn, popcorn tubs....stuff like that is always nice.

PrissyT
by Tracy on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:53 PM

ya know what ! lol I never thought of doing something so simple ...Love this

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Bath Salt Recipe

Bath Salt Recipe

Materials:

• Bottle or Jar
  • Epsom Salts
  • Food Coloring
  • Perfume or Essential Oil

Instructions:
Combine the desired amount of Epsom salts (enough to fit in your bottle or jar) with food coloring. Mix well so color is even. Add your perfume or essential oil and mix again. Spread the mixture out on a sheet of wax paper to dry for a couple of hours and then put it in the bottle or jar.

While the salts can be used right away, the perfume or essential oil will blend better with the salt if it is allowed to set in the jar for a few weeks.

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Those are the BOMB! :-)

Quoting Lo1427:

I really like homemade gift baskets. You can do a theme like movie night and include popcorn, a movie, candy, soda, etc.

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Very true!

Quoting mommyprice09:

baskets can be found at Dollar Tree, also the boxes of candy, popcorn, popcorn tubs....stuff like that is always nice.

suziejax
by Suzie on Sep. 20, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Your blog is so cute

Quoting mommyprice09:

My blog has a ton of ideas!!! I did 25 days of Christmas all kinds of ideas...copy and paste the link below. once you are there, it will be last year in November/December.

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM

aww ty!!

Quoting suziejax:

Your blog is so cute

Quoting mommyprice09:

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I just did this for my MIL for her bday. So easy! and cheap too! I repurposed some jars from olives,pickles,sauces....etc. the epsom salt is a HUGE bag, but worth it. The oil is cheap and only need a bit of it!  These are great for friends, teachers, bus drivers, moms, sisters...etc plus the kids can help too.

Quoting PrissyT:

ya know what ! lol I never thought of doing something so simple ...Love this

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Bath Salt Recipe

Bath Salt Recipe

Materials:

• Bottle or Jar
  • Epsom Salts
  • Food Coloring
  • Perfume or Essential Oil

Instructions:
Combine the desired amount of Epsom salts (enough to fit in your bottle or jar) with food coloring. Mix well so color is even. Add your perfume or essential oil and mix again. Spread the mixture out on a sheet of wax paper to dry for a couple of hours and then put it in the bottle or jar.

While the salts can be used right away, the perfume or essential oil will blend better with the salt if it is allowed to set in the jar for a few weeks.

Habibti812
by Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I've knit scarves and hats before, this year I think I will be purchasing most if not all gifts... I've taken on so much between my daughters school, things with my other kids, and I"m pregnant... It's hard for me to find extra time right now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)