Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Awesome Websites To Inspire Your Savings Plan

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

You are saving and budgeting and watching where your money is going to reach those goals. It's tough sometimes. It can get discouraging when an unexpected emergency throws off your road to good financial health. That's when we need our friends (like our fabu Family Piggy Bank community here) to chat with and help us keep our chins up. 

You know I am a fan of Real Simple, Oprah, and The Happiness Project, but there are other great websites I have found that also inspire me to keep going -- when I am succeeding with my budget and when it's been a less-than-stellar spending month. Check out some of them when you need a bit of encouragement, pats on the back, or an extra push to keep achieving those dreams. 

WiseBread -- The tag line for this web site is "Living large on a small budget" and the articles help you do just that. It is one of my go-to sites for hints, tips as well as lessons that truly can change your life. My fave: LifeHacks.

Shine's Financially Fit on Yahoo -- A collection of articles from a variety of staff authors as well as contributors from other sites make up this must-click area. It has some practical how-tos (An Insider's Guide to Tipping) as well as fun takes on financial lessons (Celebrity Money Mistakes to Learn From).  

The Krazy Coupon Lady -- I like this site because it is organized well. You can be a coupon chickadee and learn a lot and get some great deals or you can just incorporate some super general shopping advice. A perfect site to re-energize you and your shopping on a budget.

Zen Habits -- Similar to The Happiness Project, your financial freedom hinges on your spiritual health. If you are unhappy, more than likely, your Family Piggy Bank isn't doing very well. Zen Habits is an amazing resource for clarity, simplicity, and organization of your physical and mental world. Read some fantastic articles on earning a living from your passion, on downsizing your life, and how to get yourself out of a gloomy mental state...all things that can boost your modd and your budget plan.

What websites do you click on for inspiration? Have you checked out any of my favorites?

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 2, 2011 at 1:37 AM

of course www.daveramsey.com big smile mini

suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM

And I have like a gabillion of other sites that I poke around in spare time for inspriration to many to point out here. SO much good stuff is out there on the web at our finger tips. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:54 AM

Wow! The Zen habits has so much information, I think it will take a long time to go trhough. Thanks so much for sharing!

angel_eyez
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:57 AM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

These are wonderful sites, I like Dave Ramsey's site personally.

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:30 AM

never heard of these sites but will have to take some time out to check them out, they sound very interesting!

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I've used the Krazy Coupon Lady before.  Not what I use now, but it's a good site.  :)

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

And I third http://www.daveramsey.com/ as the most amazing site ever!!!!   :)

Tabby57
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I'm a Dave Ramsey lover as well. Thanks fo sharing:)

RTXmommy06
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Thank you so much for sharing these!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement