• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Can I Ever Get Back On Track Financially?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am so worried because I have fallen into deep financial stress due to not being able to work while trying to save these 3 babies.  How will I ever pull myself out of THIS hole?  Are there ways to make legal serious money on the internet or what?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mammakisses
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:53 AM

hugsHope someone can give you advice I have never found any such site myself. Good luck!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Can you babysit? I babaysat for a little while. You won't get rich but you can make decent money and it is a stable job. Good luck!!!!

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I am still in search of something I can make money from online, no luck.. I know there has to be a way and if I ever find it I will let you know.  Now with that said, the first thing you need to do to start your way out of dept and bring your finances up to date is GET ORGANIZED.  You need to go throw all your paperwork and find out exactly where you are standing. What you owe, to whom you owe it, etc.. also get a credit report with scores (if you are unemployed you can get these for free, you are allowed one every year) this way you have an idea of where you are standing.

Ok after that the second step is GET EDUCATED. Take time to sit down and think which is the first thing you have to try to get out of the way. For example if you owe a company x amount of money, maybe you can call them and make arrangements (but remember to be careful, some things we owe on, if they are more then 6-8 years old and you call they will start all over as if new) .... ok I recommend you get this book "your credit score" by lis pulliam weston she is great.  Check other finance books too..I know it seams like a waste of time, but believe me, its not. 

Third TAKE ACTION. Call people, ask questions, bargain, network... if what you are looking for is extra income (or an income all together) try doing something from home, like baking or sewing or caring for a child. I dont know your situation, only you know what you are going through so here comes my forth and last advice...  KEEP POSITIVE!  I know how discouraging it can be, but there is always a way out.. we where deep in dept and got out.. our finances where looking really well until another set back this year.. so now I am back on that train and working to make it move.  You can do it too! good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)