Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask the Chase expert about preparing for this year's major expenses

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 1:53 PM
  • 104 Replies

Hi!

As some of you know, The Family Piggy Bank is a great place to discuss personal finance issues with other like-minded moms.

The Family Piggy Bank will again be hosting Caryn, a working mother of three young children whose job outside the home is managing a financial tool called Chase Blueprint®.

This time, she’ll be answering questions you might have about how to prepare for the coming year’s major expenses.  You may have questions like “How do we plan for large expenses associated with starting a family?” or “How do I go about paying off a large purchase I have already made using a credit card?”.

Caryn will answer questions like this and more in an effort to help you better manage your family’s finances.  Ask your question in this thread by replying to this post.  The post will be closed on January 13th so ask away!

NOTE: The post is now closed.  Stay tuned for Caryn's answers to your questions!

We will be posting Caryn’s responses to some of your questions the week of January 31st.

Best,

^ The CafeMom Team

by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

What are criteria for having a good credit rating?

goddess99
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM

If you have 3 credit cards with pretty much the same APR and Balance, should you pick 1 to work on paying off 1st or pay above minimum amount due on all three?

carolina_gal
by Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

My husband are debating whether we should pay off our mortgage this year.  We would need to use a large chunk of our savings but would still have some left in the saving account. Is it wise to go ahead and pay off the mortgage?  We plan to pay ourselves back each month.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Thank you for answering our questions!!! I'd like to know the best way to pay down student loans?

bether89
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

If we have extra money, should we pay it toward the principle on our mortgage payment or put it in savings?

elasmimi
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

We recently almost wiped out our emergency funds with unexpected medical bills. Now it is a new calendar year, and our $5000 deductible starts all over, and my husband is still looking at more expensive procedures. Should we put it on a credit card, or try to work out something with the various doctors, hospita, etc, and have multiple payments?

Pnukey
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM

If your credit is not so good and things are in collections, will it help improve your credit rating to get yet another debt, but keep it current?

Pnukey
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM

What's the best way to improve a credit rating in preparation for buying a house?

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Whats the best way to pay off debt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
How many credit cards are to many?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)