Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Workplace Friendships

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

Have you made friends with someone where you have worked now or in the past? Have you kept them as a friend, even if you no longer work there? What do you think of workplace friendships?

baby
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Honestly no, business is business and I don't mix business with my personal life.

yourpassion
by Kristen on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:53 AM

i met one of my good friends at work.  we shared an office.  we are friends to this day, it's been 10 yrs. since i became a SAHM and she continued to work after kids, we didn't see each other often, but through technology we remain close.  now since moving, we really rely on email, txting and phones. 

i think friendships with people you work with is fine, but you need to have the balance between work and personal.  but i think it can be done for sure!

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Yes, there is a group of us that have remain very good friends from our prior jobs.  We meet up twice a month.  There is also 1 person that I talk to every single day.

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Yes

PrissyT
by Tracy on Dec. 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I dont work so i just have most the friends iv always had 

ta2dirishlass
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Yes I have. That's how I met DD's father. We're friends now but not involved. 

Being that work is such a huge part of people's lives, I think workplace friendships are kind of a given.

Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I only have one that I kept as a friend but still we dont talk everyday or anything like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)