Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugal Home Decorating Tip 1/16

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

Collect Something Vintage

Showcasing a collection can set the theme for a room and reveal a bit about your interests or personality. I recently discovered a love for milk glass, something that many of my friends associate with their grandmothers. But grouped together in the right setting, it doesn’t seem dated.

I look for pieces that are $2 or less at thrift stores and flea markets. It’s an inexpensive habit, and I don’t worry if my toddler son accidentally knocks something over. Groupings of odd-and-end milk glass pieces adorn my end tables, which also sport milk glass lamps that I scored for $9 on eBay.

Having an inexpensive collection or two to build is a great way to satisfy the occasional urge to shop without blowing my budget. It’s fun perusing local shops in search of a unique piece to add. It feels good knowing that my thrift shop purchases will benefit local charities, and I’m doing my part to keep items out of landfills.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I think that is simple yet so pretty!

PrissyT
by Tracy on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

cool..thanks for sharing

suziejax
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Do you gals do anything like that to decorate? if so what ? 

I do , with a few things like glass vases , I also do wooden words, shells, rocks, clocks

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM

i should do this! be fun to browse antique stores

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Suzie i love these!! i got a lamp (a pair actually but one broke) for my daughter's room.. she still has one on her night stand. These look so beautiful, i have seen some at the thrift and was tempted.. :) 

this is a great idea, I also like metals and china (specially the blue and white ones) thanks for the idea.. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Wedgwood Blue Claude Plate c1825 I will be looking for these.. lol.. so pretty!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Pretty!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM

that is so pretty! I need to do something like this!

suziejax
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Thats so pretty girl! LOVE It! I love plates! I have a few I have collected actually totally by accident. 

Quoting yvonne37:

Wedgwood Blue Claude Plate c1825 I will be looking for these.. lol.. so pretty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)