Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aldi's doesn't take credit cards?!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just found out that Aldi's does not take credit cards,I was a little surprised.I have never heard of a store who doesn't even the little mom and pop shops usually tend to take them.Do you ladies know of any other places who do not accept any credit card payments?

by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drdevault
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I shop at Aldis and use my debit card all the time.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM

They take cash and debit,not credit.I just have never heard of a store not taking Visa before.

mem82
by Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Oh, your right. I've never thought about it but all my cards can be used as debit so I've never thought about it before.

deccaf
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Arco doesn''t take credit.  There are a lot of places that choose not to pay the fees the companies charge, usually small places.

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Yep, kind of sucks is you ask me. I dont shop there though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM

some food places dont and some small dollar stores. They dont like that by accepting credit cards they cant get over on their taxes.

Our aldi started not taking them, but when they saw they where losing customers they started taking them (and they have a min.)

JonesMama
by Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM
We have a store called Marc's here that is only cash or check. It's a closeout type place but also has regular groceries, deli, frozen, etc.

There's also a small grocery called Reiders Market and they take cards but if you pay cash you get a 3% discount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Just aldi from what I know of

suziejax
by Suzie on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I shop at Aldis and they do take Visa debit cards, I no longer own any credit cards so this does not affect me at all. I LOVE aldis I save so much there for my area ,, its for the most part cheaper than walmart for the items I get

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:45 PM

yea, they take debit cards not credit cards. they do it to save money i think!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)