Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Financial Housekeeping Challenge Day 3: Make a List

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 66 Replies

And check it twice!

Today's activity is to make a list, preferrably a digital one, of ALL the accounts you have: checking, savings, 401(k)s, credit cards, vacation funds, etc, etc, etc., and be sure to save it where you can find it again. It doesn't have to include all your login info and account #s, just a list so you can easily see where your assets and debts are. Then organize your passwords!

Do you know where all your assets and debts lie? Do you have many accounts or just a few? How do you currently keep track of them?

sweepingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. You can sign up for the Financial Housekeeping Challenge here.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sprinkle99
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
We really don't have any right now
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Yep, our bank has our mortgage And home equity loam through them too. As well as our only CC with a balance. Everything is listed right on their website for us. Besides our monthly bills, everything is together. And even them are taken out automatically so they show up on our statements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
My 2year old has a bank account and so do I it's gonna be nice to get money from her dad to put into my account and hers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I have a prepaid card and I just opened up a college and career account at Meritrust.

yourpassion
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM

i have a list of everything we have.  we have several different accts.  if i didn't have them written down, i'd overlook one probably.  i honestly only track our checking and our business checking.  i don't really track the rest.  bad, i'm sure, but some of it is depressing.

tamidawn
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I have a list of these on one piece of paper.
4kidz916
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I don't have many but I really do need to organize them all on a list. 

amy7243
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I only have 2 accounts and they are actually organized :)

mkwatts
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I gave a list of all debts including medical and mortgage, in order of highest interest rate to lowest. Also shows current monthly payment amount
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Not too many accounts, but they are all listed on paper and computer ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)