Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

How do you keep the cost of groceries down?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you coupon? Shop sales? What other ideas do you have?

shopping

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I try to store hop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I love when I can get sometging in generic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leftylefty
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM

i buy what is on sale...but i would love to start coupon collecting...i really like stocking up on what is for sale. that seems to be helpful. and although you didn't mention going out to eat, sometimes that is a hard habit to break but it is helpful to plan eating out...

ta2dirishlass
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Sales and comparison shopping. And WalMart.

Khepmd
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Apply for food stamps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM
I Wanted to add that we also set the grocery budget, we determine what we will spend instead of just shopping and spending whatever. Shopping for us is deliberate and precise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
And we pay with cash. On average a person spends 10-12% more when paying with any type of plastic because of the justification that they have the money available somewhere. When you have cash, thats all you have. when it's gone, it's gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Stock up When there's a great sale. Like the coffee I drink is usually $6.89 a can. Meijer had them on sale for $3 each. I bought 12! That should last long enough to catch That sale again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leafymom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I eat at my in-laws a couple times per week!  That helps a lot as well as not buying much meat.  We have Venison from hunting season and there is good fishing around us and friends usually have too much fish.  I also buy when on sale and stock up on pantry items when they are really cheap.  I use coupons only for items that I would buy anyway. 

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I don't eat much meat, but do buy some for hubby...cook all from scratch, if it comes in a box we don't eat it...ex..mac and cheese, we make it from scratch. I buy in bulk from the mennonite store, we eat out very sparingly...I can veggies from the garden for winter..that is what we do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement