Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cell phone usage......we very seldom go over but.....

Posted by   + Show Post

For some reason for the past 2 months we have. We have At&t family talk. The smallest package, since it's just my husband and I on the plan. Normally we don't talk that much on the phone at all. And I'm usually really good at keeping up with the bills, not going over, and not being late. But last month we went over by like 25.00. Okay no biggie. So I get a txt today saying that we've went over our minutes enough to exceed 100.00....and I'm like WTF! So I get on and look at our minutes, and of course, It's my fault. My husband has used less than 100 any time minutes this month ( and we still have 10 days left on this months minutes with no roll over minutes left to use). I on the other hand have used a little over 800 minutes. I go through the bill and it seems like the people that I talk to consistently are either home lines, or cell phones of different providers. That list only consists of like 3 or 4 people. My mother being one of them, the others are 2 good friends of mine and the last is another family member. So what do I do? 

I'm 8.5 months pregnant and my mother calls me several times  a day to check on me and talk to DD. And the same with the others. Except one, she lives out of state now and when we talk it's usually for a minimum of 30 minutes.  So I'm concerned.  I know I need to upgrade our account to cover the overage for this month, because I would rather pay an extra 60.00 than almost 200.00 extra. But I don't know if I should just stop answering my phone or what? Because once the baby gets here I can't guarantee that everyone won't be calling us, and put us over our minutes again!    Grrrrr...I'm usually not this irrisponsible. It aggrivates me. And to make it worse I've not told DH yet......he's not made it home from work yet........

suggestions?

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-17):
SAHM2011
by Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Oh yea it is. If a house phone was that cheap around here, then yea I would def. have a house phone too. 

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Oh where I live the house phone is 20and its unlimited their isnt any minutes sorry guess its really different every where 

Quoting SAHM2011:

wasn't worried about the txts. we have unlimited on both lines. And we don't have a house phone. it's a waste of money. Just for your standard line, no call waiting nothing where we live at is around 75.00. I would rather use my cell phone. There's no point in having both of them when you're giong to end up wasting minutes on both phones (the minutes that you dont use). 

Quoting Stevensmomma:

when you are home dont use your cell at all use your house phone and limit the use of the phone text instead

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Talking with your provider for new promotions, upgrade you minutes, stay off the phone, maybe changing.providers, get a house phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Have you considered switching to a company that offers unlimited?

Kelly913
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I need to look into this! 

Quoting suziejax:

Thats exactly what dh and I do . I use the 45 and he uses the 30 

we save so much and do not have a bill and I love no contract now.

Quoting shortycmlb:

I have a striaght talk phone, never had problems. its $45 for unlimited for 30 days. and its $30 for 1000 mins AND 1000 texts AND 30 mb of data so even if you got the unimited for you and the everything you need for your hubs it would still be only $75.....

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Do you have unlimited text? you need to either talk to your provider and explain your situation and see how they can help. But if you have text maybe it would be better to just text with your family and friends.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I have a pre-paid for that reason. No contract and unlimited calls, texts, and web
mommyprice09
by Ashley on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Quoting Stevensmomma:

when you are home dont use your cell at all use your house phone and limit the use of the phone text instead

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)