• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

House cleaning tip #1

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 13 Replies

I will be posting tips on every day cleaning with natural (and not so natural) things..

Tip #1  HOW TO GET RID OF ANTS.

If you have ants coming into your house, find the source of entry and sprinkle cinnamon or ground pepper, these spices are too hot for them.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReesesPieces
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM
The black pepper really does work!!!! I have done it before and it really does work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Interesting!

yourpassion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:40 AM
That's good to know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Oh cool,Thanks!

Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

haha lol really !! I didnt know that  thanks!

suziejax
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I tried this last spring and it didn't work for us. We tried everything and ended up having to call the Bug Man! lOl looks like we will have to call him again soon because its getting warmer here and they are starting to appear again :-(

He said he have extremely large colonies under ground in my neighborhood.

mammapav
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Good to know.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM

wow... let me see if I can find a remedy that you can use around your house.. That happens sometimes, they have large colonies and they are hard to eradicate.  My grandmother ones told me to put something sticky around the areas where they come in and I said "like honey?" she started laughing.... and when I caught up I did too! lol... honey would attract them even more. I lived in an apartment that had some coming in, I followed them with a caulking gun in hand and when I found the little hole I closed it.

Quoting suziejax:

I tried this last spring and it didn't work for us. We tried everything and ended up having to call the Bug Man! lOl looks like we will have to call him again soon because its getting warmer here and they are starting to appear again :-(

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Thank you for this!! I saw an ant in the kitchen earlier. I couldn't believe it. Last year they randomly declared war on our kitchen. It wasn't a gradual attack. One day there was none and the next day they were all over the place.

If I figure out where this little ant came from this time I'll definitely double up on cinnamon AND ground pepper!! lol.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

LOL!! at least you saw how that wouldn't work before you tried it! :)

Quoting yvonne37:

wow... let me see if I can find a remedy that you can use around your house.. That happens sometimes, they have large colonies and they are hard to eradicate.  My grandmother ones told me to put something sticky around the areas where they come in and I said "like honey?" she started laughing.... and when I caught up I did too! lol... honey would attract them even more. I lived in an apartment that had some coming in, I followed them with a caulking gun in hand and when I found the little hole I closed it.

Quoting suziejax:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)