Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you pick your bank?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM
  • 19 Replies

What was iportant for you when you opened your bank account? If you switched what played a role in your decision?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM
We went with the credit union dh had when I met him. When we moved back, we went to them. We left and went to a different one because if you put cash into the ATM, over $100, they will put a hold on it for 2 days. I didn't know that...they kept transferring money from savings to checking. When I realized what was going on, I called to find out why.
We got our money back, but left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
We wanted a small local bank or credit union.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Well my bank has been my bank since I was a child I kept it bc the hours are great 

AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
My GMA and Aunt worked there, and mom and them banked there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM

access, rates and services.  I needed a bank that had many branches all over the nation, that was easy to access online or the phone, that offered several services (like dif types of accounts or programs), that had good rates and little fees.  A bank with a solid background and also with good customer service.. and so far so good :)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
VioletPlacebo
by Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I use the same bank my parents and grandparents used. I guess if I were to switch it would have to be for better ... something LOL   I have no idea really, I haven't found a better bank in our area than the one we currently use.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:16 AM

we bank at two credit unions. one houses our bill paying account and one houses our fun money account and a savings account.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Free checking, online banking and bill pay, and they paid more interest than other banks for our savings account. Location and hours.
Playitagain
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My credit union refused to allow my husband onto my account for "account abuse". Thing is he never had an account with Comerica, his ex opened it illegally. I even brought them the police report and was told that they didn't care until somebody was taken to court. The courts dont give a damn about it at all, so we went with his parents bank 5/3, and while we have had a few problems (they are nortorious for holding his paychecks 24 hours and hitting us with overdrafts while they hold it), they are pretty decent now.

MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

My DH introduced me to our bank when we combined finances. They are a small local bank with under 10 branches. The staff is great at all the branches I've visited. They took very good care of us on our mortgage and home improvement installment loan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)