Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

The 7 Things You Need For At-Home Spa Time

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's been a long week, with a band concert and two softball games, and your husband has been on a three-day business trip. You need to relax, to chill, to calm, to escape. You are the mom in that commercial, where she exclaims, "Calgon!! Take me away!!!" (Please tell me some of you remember that one?)

Yes, you need to be taken away -- preferably to a spa where water, steam, and relaxation time work together to rejuvenate you. It actually isn't hard to recreate a trip to the spa in your own home. Here's a checklist of what you need:

-- Uninterrupted time. This is the main one. Plan your at-home spa time when your husband has the kids out for a few hours or at night, after they have gone to bed and he's out watching the White Sox with his buds.

-- A place to stretch out. Before you start the divine soaking bath and beauty fun, think about doing some stretching and a few yoga moves to loosen up and relax your whole body into the experience.

-- Candles and music. Set the mood, transport yourself out of your everyday. Turn off the lights and soak by candlelight. Pick some of your favorite music to play on that portable iPod speaker from your kids' room. Say "ooooh" and "ahhhh." 

-- Face mask. There are great, budget-friendly at-home face treatments out there, or you can make your own. Just don't try to squeeze any blemishes like the ladies do at the spa...that is just asking for trouble. Focus on a deep cleanse, the mask, and a good moisturizer after.

-- Bath salts or oils.  For the main part of your spa, the long soak in a steamy bath.

-- Body scrub and lotion. Toward the end of your soothing bath, scrub head to toe and rinse. As you dry off, slather body moisturizer all over to nourish that skin.

-- A fluffy robe. Snuggle into a cozy wrap to keep all of the good, restful feelings flowing as you settle into the couch or the bed.

Have you created a spa experience at home? What am I missing from the list?  

ŠiStockphoto.com/ netris

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I havent ever tried to create my own spa experience at home.

PrissyT
by Tracy on Apr. 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Never tried but just might
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Time.....the one thing I DON'T have!

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I have never done a spa treatment at home.  I very rarely do anything for myself.  

It looks like you have a good list there though.

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I think we are missing fuzzy socks ! ;)

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I have never done a spa treatment at home.  I very rarely do anything for myself.  

It looks like you have a good list there though.

Same here !

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Time.....the one thing I DON'T have!

I am in the same boat....I keep telling myself that maybe...when DS starts school. LOL.

CafeMom Tickers
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Uninterupted time? What's that? ;-)

ta2dirishlass
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

A home spa just isn't possible for me, there's absolutely no alone time. But the list looks good!

KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Uniteriptied time? I can even go per without a kid banging on the door! LOl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)