Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

My white towels that is... I decided that from yesterday on I will not dry my towels, sheets and jeans in the dryer. So I put a clothing line in the backyard and hung all my white towels yesterday and prayed that the birds wouldn't go to town on them lol.. put them out around 10am and got them folded and tuck in the linen closet by 4pm.  They smell so good! :)  and I saved two loads in the dryer..  Today is Denim day! :))

Saving on electricity and gas..  ahhh...  happy

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Kelly913:

I've heard of people drying them outside, then putting in dryer on air fluff to "soften" them.  Maybe he'd be OK with that? 

Quoting Stevensmomma:

thats great !! I tried that but DH complains that he doesnt like the feel of them :(

He also has awful allergies and that allows for the allergens to get trapped inside the fabric so it doesnt work for us

Kelly913
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Yeah, that's a problem!  Does he take/do anything for his allergies?  My seasonal allergies just about disappeared when I started using coconut oil in my diet. 

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Quoting Kelly913:

I've heard of people drying them outside, then putting in dryer on air fluff to "soften" them.  Maybe he'd be OK with that? 

Quoting Stevensmomma:

thats great !! I tried that but DH complains that he doesnt like the feel of them :(

He also has awful allergies and that allows for the allergens to get trapped inside the fabric so it doesnt work for us

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Pretty cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

My grandma has done this for years. She would dry everything outside unless it was raining. Then she would use the dryer. I hate drying things outside. They feel stiff to me. But let us know if you notice a big difference on your utility bills!

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yes the towels are stiff.. but I like them like that lol.. yeah I'm weird :) plus once I shake 'em and fold they get soft again.  Now the denim is another story.. I dont care to much about my jeans if they are stiff its ok.. and the kids dont either, but my husband likes them softer so I just iron them a little and hang them, problem fixed :)

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Yes prescription allergy meds and asthma medication he has various allergies

Quoting Kelly913:

Yeah, that's a problem!  Does he take/do anything for his allergies?  My seasonal allergies just about disappeared when I started using coconut oil in my diet. 

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Quoting Kelly913:

Quoting Stevensmomma:

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Yay!!!!

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
Heidi5711
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Good for you. My kids would muck them up. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM

big smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)