Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Indulge Yourself Challenge #4

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Thursday, folks and Happy Indulge Yourself Challenge #4! I think you all may find something you like with this one.

I know you all know how to log onto a computer....how do I know this? You are here, aren't you? Online, commenting, chatting, hanging out with me! Which means you know your way around the Internet universe. And sometimes, there is nothing better than just wasting time on fun sites or sites that inspire you or sites that allow you to get some much needed unique gifts for others (or yourself) for not that much money. We all may be on Facebook -- and maybe some of you are on Twitter too (follow me!) -- but I gathered a few others to indulge in.

And yes, confession time: researching these sites totally made the writing of this post difficult (and way longer than it usually takes). I got sucked into mega time warps on each of these wonderful places.

Etsy - I have mentioned this shopping site many times and I love it. It allows small artisans to sell their work on one central location. The prices of the pieces as well as the shipping is remarkably low, especially compared to regular sites. I've purchased some beautiful artwork and jewelry. Seriously, check out some of these cool mommy jewelry.

Pinterest - A virtual pinboard to post and collect inspirations for, well, everything. Clothes, home décor, quotes, articles...all of it. Follow my stuff as you get started.

Shopstyle - This is a perfect site for online shopping. Say you need a new tote and want to spend less than $35 on it. You type in that info and it has pictures and links to all of those all over the web from Macy's to Gap to smaller website you may never have stumbled upon. A lifesaver and money saver!

Lifehacker - This is one to just browse on and read up on ways to make your life easier. Or just some fun info on life. I can always find something interesting from the fabulous writers on there.

What are your favorite sites to visit -- other than CafeMom, of course!

©iStockphoto.com/Stockphoto4u

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Not much honestly Walmart.com, target.com, craigslist

elijahsmama09
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Ebay!

millerbunch
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM

pinterest, FB

Rushn311
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Pinterest definitely!! I've tried a couple of hairs styles on my daughter. Pinned lots of nail ideas and done one or two designs already ;)

I go on Etsy occasionally.

I like to shop on Amazon, Ebay and Walmart.

And I am on FB A LOT!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I am going to check out shopstyle. I like fb but don't go on much anymore. I also like gottadeal for seeing the deals and they post the black Friday deals before the ads come out.
Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Facebook, and I love pinterest.

ReesesPieces
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Oh duh! I go to my blog a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

www.homemaker-mom.com  is my favorite site! 

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Cafemom, FB, Pinterest, hip2save, a coupon blog local to my area and yahoo are all sites I frequently visit.

PrissyT
by Tracy on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Love Fb..pinterest...eBay ..etsy all of em.lol and ofc cafemom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement