Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Ask the Expert - Tips from Chase to Budget for the Fun Stuff!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 70 Replies

We've stopped taking questions. Check out the answers here!

CafeMom is excited to welcome Chase back to the group to answer questions about budgeting for the fun stuff.

This month, your questions about having fun with your family while sticking to a budget will be answered.

Are you looking for ways to save money for family outings? Wish that you could go on more trips? Chase is here to help!

You might have questions like:

• How can I save money to go to museums?
  • What are some good ways to reduce spending during a vacation?
  • How much should I have in savings for fun things?

Chase's expert will answer questions like these in an effort to help you better manage your family's finances.  

Post your questions below! And then, check back in mid-June for answers.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM

How much should we budget for a family trip every year?  Is there a certain percentage of income that we should use as an amount?

dusky_rose
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM

We want to go camping this summer. We bought a tent trailer and are getting camping gear together to stock it with. How much money should we put aside for each camping trip?

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

goddess99
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I don't know if I really have a question but when I showed my dh the budget I made for 2012 he commented that it was really tight and how would we be able to do fun stuff so I backed off on some of the strict "pay off debt" part of the budget and instead of paying more on each credit card we have, we pay more on 2 instead of 4 so we can still live a bit.

MamaMandee
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

What are some good ways to reduce spending during a vacation? This is a great question! I'd like to know!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM

What is the biggest money saver while vacationing?

princess_1983
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM
How do you save on hotel costs during a week vacation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM
How can we teach our kids the importance of saving their money to use as spending money for vacation or fun outings?
ReesesPieces
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM
How can you save money while vacationing - with 7 people??? I can be frugal with 3 or 4, but now that we have 5 kids I cringe at the cost of lodging, activities, food, everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:03 AM

What percentage of monthly income is reasonable to put aside for yearly vacations?

yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 11, 2012 at 8:06 AM

My husband has a very demanding job and he is used to vacationing every year (he gets about 2 weeks + a year of vacation) but lately with the house and the kids and having to use every cent for necessities we are thinking we wont be able to take a vacation trip this year.  So we are trying to plan small getaways around us, but I will be working soon (i hope) and i wanted to know how is the best way to save for vacations?  should I set a direct deduction from my paycheck? should I just take part of the income and set it aside on a "piggy bank"?  Should I go to a travel agency and select a vacation and start paying into it?  Thanks :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement