Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Ask the Expert - Tips from Chase to Budget for the Fun Stuff!

Posted by   + Show Post

We've stopped taking questions. Check out the answers here!

CafeMom is excited to welcome Chase back to the group to answer questions about budgeting for the fun stuff.

This month, your questions about having fun with your family while sticking to a budget will be answered.

Are you looking for ways to save money for family outings? Wish that you could go on more trips? Chase is here to help!

You might have questions like:

• How can I save money to go to museums?
  • What are some good ways to reduce spending during a vacation?
  • How much should I have in savings for fun things?

Chase's expert will answer questions like these in an effort to help you better manage your family's finances.  

Post your questions below! And then, check back in mid-June for answers.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (61-70):
bertie4
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Does a person really save by going through a travel agency?

dreama_76
by New Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I recently set up a budget and realized I was spending 92 percent of my income.  How to I cut back so I can have a few fun trips with my kids??    We normally don't get to do anything but now that I am single and wish to be able to do more with them, I want to have some fun trips, even if it is a road trip to look around a park and picnic.  But I need to cut back on some things.  Just want to know  what things would be okay to cut back on?? 

sharon855
by New Member on May. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Hi, I have questions about onr of or both of our home loans. So, I am wondering when would be a good time to ask the expert about this? I really do need some more knowledge soon! It is about a supposed law firm who is trying to get us to pay them or their representative (Brookstone Law) to either join or do on one on one sue this bank because the bank/broker told lies to get us this loan. At the time, we really did not care what type of loan we got, which I know is stupid, we just needed the loan. Please find out when she will be answer those types of situations. Thank you for taking my post!

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Quoting Madelaine:

How much should we budget for a family trip every year?  Is there a certain percentage of income that we should use as an amount?

I would also like to know!
momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Is it better to take credit cards to use on vacation so you aren't carrying a lot of cash with you and then when you get back pay off the credit cards with your vacation fund?
sgold
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM
how do I save money?
Momof3.2.0
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Where should I begin when I am putting a budget together for gifts?
Sbrady8208
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM
How do I budget for Christmas?
dubes
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM
When should I start setting money aside?
Sbrady8208
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Type your question here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN