Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Ask the Expert - Tips from Chase to Budget for the Fun Stuff!

Posted by   + Show Post

We've stopped taking questions. Check out the answers here!

CafeMom is excited to welcome Chase back to the group to answer questions about budgeting for the fun stuff.

This month, your questions about having fun with your family while sticking to a budget will be answered.

Are you looking for ways to save money for family outings? Wish that you could go on more trips? Chase is here to help!

You might have questions like:

• How can I save money to go to museums?
  • What are some good ways to reduce spending during a vacation?
  • How much should I have in savings for fun things?

Chase's expert will answer questions like these in an effort to help you better manage your family's finances.  

Post your questions below! And then, check back in mid-June for answers.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
gacgbaker
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM

What is the best way to reduce your grocery shopping budget?

foodie.at.heart
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Are timeshares a good idea?

carolina_gal
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Is vacation insurance a good idea?  Our travel agent is recommending this for our cruise in case a hurricane goes through.

lalasmama2007
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Quoting alliesmom112:

We are planning to take dd to Disney for her birthday in July of 2013. What is a good way we can start budgeting a savings for that?

We're hoping to go to Disney next year too! I have the same question.
itsblissmas
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:42 AM

This is a great question and while I'm not the Financial Advisor here one thing I like to do is put all my change in a "piggy bank" and occasionally add a $1 or $5 bill. I hardly notice that I don't have that amount but when I desperately need cash I go to may bank and I'm amazed how much is in it!

Quoting Wish2Be:

It seems as though everytime I put money in my savings account ...within a week or two I need to take it back out for something. Is there a better way to save that I am just not aware of ?

slw123
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting alliesmom112:

We are planning to take dd to Disney for her birthday in July of 2013. What is a good way we can start budgeting a savings for that?

We're hoping to go to Disney next year too! I have the same question.

Since this is a Chase question and all.....

Chase has a Disney rewards credit card where you earn Disney Dollars.  Not that I recommend taking vacations on credit or anything.  But the perk with this card is if you plan a Disney vacation and book it through a Disney approved travel agent, it's 6 months no interest.  Plus Disney points that you can spend while you are at Disney.

bamababe1975
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM

We'd love to go to the movies more than once a year, but what's the best way to budget in for that?

NearSeattleMom
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Any ideas about how to celebrate birthdays without breaking the bank?

bubsteroni
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Is it worth the cost of purchasing trip insurance when purchasing airline tickets, etc.?

citykitty77
by New Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

What is the best time of year to plan an inexpensive vacation?  We have small children so we're ideally looking for a location less than a 4 hour flight from NY.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN