Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Indulge Yourself Challenge #5

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

How's the week been so far? Again, Thursday is upon us. The first Thursday in May. My first Thursday in my new decade (no, I promise I won't document every Thursday this year). Thursday always mean my Thursday Thrifty Throwdown, and we are still in the Indulge Yourself Challenge! It's exciting! Number 5, baby! What is on tap?

Well, how about cool things I found for under $20. Seriously, with Mother's Day just around the corner, forward this list to those special someones that will, perhaps, be purchasing you a little trinket. Or maybe you are like my house, where I get it for myself and tell him, "This is what you bought me!"

Wake Up Wonderful - Check out this awesome mug on Zinnia Pea's site on Etsy. With an inspiring, fiery quote from Marilyn Monroe, it is perfect to kick off your day.

Look Into The Crystal Ball - Get the fun fortune without having to order moo shu pork and that egg roll (too many calories let alone a huge amount of sodium). This little book has a fortune a day for you. A fun thing to read at Family dinner or on the way to school for good convos with the kids.

Not Your Usual Mommy Necklace - Forget the little disc with initials. I am so digging these mini steel dog tags. Chic yet a little edgy, put down kids' names, their initials or birthdates.

Tote in Style (while being Eco-friendly) - From Craft Culture on Etsy, this all-recycled organic cotton tote bag with ohsochic peacock feathers are the perfect way to lug snacks, water bottles and your Kindle to the baseball game.

Little Black (and White) Bangles - Classic black and white resin bangles can add a new look to that old sweater-white shirt-jeans combo outfit. Not into black and white? Mango also offers them in a variety of hues.

What's the best thing you got (or was given) for under $20? 

©iStockphoto.com/ ISerg

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReesesPieces
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM
I don't get a lot of things for Mother's Day but I am hoping for a new shirt. I am fitting into pants I haven't worn in 7 years - since before I got pregnant with my first. I just want a new shirt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM

cute ideas

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM
The best thing I got was cards made by my kids and their handprints in plaster with poems on the back.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Flowers. My very first boquet on My very 1st Mothers day.

dusky_rose
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:47 AM

This Mother's Day I am upgrading my cell phone (free with 2 year contract) and buying a cute skin to put on it with a picture of my kids that I really like for $20 plus tax and shipping.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM
cute ideas

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I usually don't get or want gifts for Mother's Day.  I don't even want cards.  I'd LOVE for my kids to make dinner, though!  That's free!

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

awesome ideas. hmm my best thing I got under $20. I cant really think of anything, althought im always getting great deals, I did just spend $20 on a ton of great stuff at the walmart outlet.

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I love flowers for mothers day :)

Quoting momto3isme:

The best thing I got was cards made by my kids and their handprints in plaster with poems on the back.

amy7243
by Amy on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I love anything that is personalized/photos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN