Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Any websites for household items?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone used Soap.com or any similar sites for household things? They usually do free shipping over $25 or $50, they apply e-coupons for you. I just haven't figured out if it is a good deal yet. Any major stores are roughly 25 miles away (Walmart Target Sams ect) We have a fred's but I find on things they are actually high and I think it's because nothing else is around here.

I made a bet with DH that I can pay off a $10,000 loan in less than 10 months. WIth our income it is possible as long as I cut back on things. So I'm trying to find any and all ways to make short cuts and save :) Plus, there is a REALLY nice incentive for me if I do it lol

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

No, but I would if I was in your situation.    I live in a well populated area so stores are pretty close.   I am morally opposed to Wal-Mart but do all my household shopping at Target probably once every 4-8 weeks.

Good luck... $1000/month to a loan would be a huge accomplishment.   =)    I am working to get that much in an emergency savings...and am getting pretty close.

Kelly913
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I use vinegar for nearly all of my household cleaning and make my own laundry soap, so I have no use for those shopping sites.  You'll save even more making your own and be more assured of that incentive!

mstevens10
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I actually have a book on DIY household cleaners, I was afraid though my house would smell like a big pickle! lol So how do you have it smelling good?

Quoting Kelly913:

I use vinegar for nearly all of my household cleaning and make my own laundry soap, so I have no use for those shopping sites.  You'll save even more making your own and be more assured of that incentive!

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:41 PM

No i haven't sorry i am no help

Kelly913
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You can smell the vinegar as you use it, but it evaporates and isn't an issue.  I keep a spray bottle of half water, half vinegar (32oz bottle) and add 10-15 drops of tea tree oil and a few drops of another oil whose scent I like. 

Quoting mstevens10:

I actually have a book on DIY household cleaners, I was afraid though my house would smell like a big pickle! lol So how do you have it smelling good?

Quoting Kelly913:

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

momto3isme
by Dawn on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:25 AM
No I haven't even heard of them. Good luck on paying the loan off early!
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM

no, i havent heard of that eitherr. hope paying off the loan works out.

mstevens10
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Thanks

Quoting jbyrd898:

no, i havent heard of that eitherr. hope paying off the loan works out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by Ashley on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Kelly913:

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
JeanZavala
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM
eBay? Or amazon? Sometime you can find really great deals on there that includes free shipping. What I do is check what i need around the house, calculate how long it will last me, mae a budget and make a list of things to buy. The crucial part is sticking to your list because people tend to spend more than they should or buy things they don't need. I know I do! Lol! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement