Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

All of the spring magazines are coming out with similar 'bathing suit shopping guide for your body type' advice... In these articles they will say

"If you are Curvy, Boyish, Busty, Small Busted, Hippy" and give advice for which suit looks best on that body type.   Each section has a photo example of the body type.  

Each of those body types listed and the examples are Miley Cyrus, Jessica Alba, Rihanna, Audrina Patridge and Cameron Diaz.... you have only covered ONE or TWO body types.    

Is anyone else sick of the celeb photos they put as the 'example' ?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (11-15):
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

yes i am very sick and fed up with how the media makes women believe that they "need" to look a certain way to be beautiful... ENOUGH! I am trying to lose weight for health reasons and because I know that having less fat would help me look better.. but I dont want to be bony skinny like the celebrities. I have two bathing suits, one is a tankini and the other one is a one piece.. i like the tankini better.  I use them only at the pool.. if I am at the beach I usually wear shorts and the top of the tankini.

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Good for you losing weight for help!   I am working on this too and know how difficult it is.

Best of luck to you!!!

Quoting yvonne37:

yes i am very sick and fed up with how the media makes women believe that they "need" to look a certain way to be beautiful... ENOUGH! I am trying to lose weight for health reasons and because I know that having less fat would help me look better.. but I dont want to be bony skinny like the celebrities. I have two bathing suits, one is a tankini and the other one is a one piece.. i like the tankini better.  I use them only at the pool.. if I am at the beach I usually wear shorts and the top of the tankini.

PrissyT
by Tracy on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Not sick of them, but sometimes I wise they wouldn't always use that skinny mama, because we are not all like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM

i like the articles sometimes

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

i bouy one every so many yrs depending on how much i lose or gain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN