Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Saturday date without or with little money ideas please

Posted by   + Show Post

Please ladies I need some ideas. Usually when my parents take the kids we would go out shopping and go for a meal but we need to keep our money because I'm a bridesmaid at my cousins wedding and that will be expenssive. My parents offered to take the kids for the day and I'm out of ideas. I don't really want to stay home and do nothing. We need something to relax together. Any ideas? Please share all the ideas you have. Thanks a bunch!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
fanci64
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Candlelight dinner for two at home. Followed by a bubble bath for two with a bottle of wine and some candles around the tub. The rest of the evening will happen on its own.
Knightquester
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Some of my favorite times spent with my husband was when we had little to no money.

Sometimes we'd have sandwiches we made for ourselves in the park and read books to each other, or we'd go to a used book store, pick out cheap books and then sit and read at a coffee shop (yea we like to read, lol).

e enjoy hiking through some of the trails, and parks.  Sometimes just a simple exploration where you're talking and enjoying nature is relaxing and fun.

Lately our cheapest date times are when we pick out a favorite "adult beverage" at the store, maybe a munchie item we both like and we go home and enjoy our loot over a game or a movie we'd both enjoy.  Blockbusters movies are a dollar for their day rentals, so sometimes we'll do that or pick out something on Netflix.

taina361
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:20 AM

is there a drive-in near by?how about mini golfing that shouldnt cost much .If its at night, is there any clubs near by?Sometimes clubs have a time that you can come in for free and yall can dance the night away.

turtlebear
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:43 AM
2 moms liked this

If you and your SO like doing outdoors type things look into GeoCache-ing. Its a world wide scavenger hunt.  A day of searching and a dollar menu dinner :)

Or lay a blanket on the living room floor. light some candles, have dinner, small-talk, and look at old pictures or home videos together.

Or climb on the roof with a radio and snuggle under the stars. If you have a smart phone there is an app you can download that will tell you where the planets and constellations are. Its free and called 'Google Sky Map'.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM
I hope you had a fun date!

emtgirl885
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:47 AM

You can go bowling,go to a free museum, go roller skating, go fruit picking at a farm, go to the local zoo, go sightseeing in the town you live in or close by.

Kuulou
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

Picnic in the park, a romantic walk, movie at home with popcorn

This is a great idea!  Another idea is to try and spend a day in bed.

I know you didn't want to stay home but this is one thing not too many couples do.  Try it just once and see.  If it doesn't work well you learned something.  Put clean sheets, and snacks on the bedside (allow eating in bed just this one time)  and your hubby's T-shirt and just get him to go to bed with you.

I tried it once, spent the whole day in bed and loved it because hub and I got to talking and laughing and reading and....well, you get the idea.  We don't do it very often because we're both so busy but when we do, I feel we really re-connect with each other.

Good luck and I hope you share with us what you do finally decide to do!

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I like the idea of picnic in the park

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 3, 2012 at 7:51 AM

a hike, or go downtown and get a cup of coffee. maybe watch something on netflix

twogirl91
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM

My husband and I go take a walk in the park, or just go walking around the mall or a bookstore we don't buy anything. We talk about what we will get "when we are rich" lol Sounds kinda depressing but we think it's fun. Sometimes we just go driving and talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement