Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Saturday date without or with little money ideas please

Posted by   + Show Post

Please ladies I need some ideas. Usually when my parents take the kids we would go out shopping and go for a meal but we need to keep our money because I'm a bridesmaid at my cousins wedding and that will be expenssive. My parents offered to take the kids for the day and I'm out of ideas. I don't really want to stay home and do nothing. We need something to relax together. Any ideas? Please share all the ideas you have. Thanks a bunch!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (71-80):
tab1023
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

OHH also you can sign up for redbox codes and you will get codes everynow and then for a free movie rental..also you can look some up online...try dvdonme ...we also record our favorite tv shows and will have marathons on his days off with all of the episodes we want to see

tab1023
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

i just thought of something else lol...showering together, playing monopoly, dominoes (with friends), also jenga and uno are really fun...I know it seems lame but it really is fun or get the family together and play spoons

Mikayla_lynn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I would just stay home. Give each other massages or maybe take a warm bubble bath together. Maybe pop some popcorn and snuggle up and watch a movie?

Aspiemom0203
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Value cinemas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrynarissa
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

out door movie or walk on the beach, horseback riding (if you have a friend that has horses), or watch local band, go couples dancing, see a movie, picnic with a bottle of wine and food if in evening add candles for ambience, go for a wine tasting at a local vineyard, bowling or ice skating in a indoor place, tour a botanical garden, go to a local music or local dance preformance.  if you have a hot tube hunker down with together with to glasses of wine

kswyo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting mammakisses:

I should have mentioned that my husband works nights and his last shift will be friday night. I was thinking going hiking but that would probebly be too much for him. I complain that me and my husband don't ever have time alone together and then I don't know what to do.

I'm actually starting to look at hotels. Bad me! I have to be strong and find something that suites us both. Thanks for all the tips and keep em coming. I'll be able to give options to my husband. haha

My husband works nights too and has Sunday and Monday nights off so Sunday morning we usually have a family outing somewhere. We've done a lot of different things for free. We've drove around and just taken random roads and seen things we wouldn't have otherwise seen. We have checked out a few little historical areas - an old stone bridge, a hand dug well, and so on. We got a family pass for the zoo because after 2 visits it'll pretty much mean we're going for free. If there is anything going on in the area we check it out like festivals or and of the '____ Days' type things. Usually they're free and you just walk around. Museums. Even our little town of 700 has a little museum. Sometimes we go visit people that we otherwise just don't have time to see. Pick a street with shops and walk down through all of them, you don't have to buy anything but you might find some interesting shops you wouldn't have otherwise.  You mentioned hiking, if you go at a time when he's use to being awake (for us mornings are best) then it wouldn't be as bad but you could try geocaching http://www.geocaching.com/  pick one of the easier ones and pack a picnic.  Good luck and I hope you have a great date! 

momtolittleones
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

We watch movies, play cards, dance in our living room, go on picnics, go for walks, sit and talk 

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

peachesforme
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

our favorite date is always dinner and a movie.  Relaxing, fun, and enjoyable. :)

jessicasmom1
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM

just enjoy each other in what every you decide to do.  My SO wants to rent redbox movies and stay in .. he said he is cooking me dinner for a change ... this is going to be interesting

DixieL
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM

mimi golf is really fun for kids and adults, bowling going on a picnic. If I think of anymore I'll tell you. If you can get a coupon going to the movies. The enteraiment book is over half over for the year. I'm sure if's at half prize now. If you get that you can do a lot of things, that are half off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement