How to reuse leftover lipstick and lipstick tubes
Use your lipstick to the max by ensuring you consume every last smudge of color with these easy use-up tips:
- When your lipstick runs low, scrape out the tube and put leftover lipstick in a small container with Vaseline to create a tinted lip gloss. Add honey or vanilla for a natural and appealing fragrance!
- Scrape out several old lipstick tubes and mix them for your own custom color.
- Give used (nearly empty) lipsticks to kids for dress-up or save for Halloween makeup.
- When lipstick accidentally melts in the car or the sun, place in the freezer for a few minutes instead of throwing it away and it will reform.
And don't forget to take care of the tubes and containers! Here are some handy uses for old lipstick tubes:
- Wash and save empty lipstick cases and use as containers for pills, matches, pins, and band-aids.
- Use an empty lipstick case to carry a mini sewing kit, complete with a needle and thread, button, and pin.