Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Easy Ways to Celebrate You (And Other Moms)

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 47 Replies

May 13. Mother's Day. The day we celebrate moms. All moms and those ladies (and some men) who do that mommy-thing for us. It is a mere six days away. What do you have planned? What do you want to do? What do you want to do for all of those other moms in your life (yes, that includes your mother-in-law and the mama kitty in your pet family)?

These past few weeks, we've been chatting about fun ways to indulge and treat ourselves. Now, on Mother's Day, people around us may take a few of those hints to make your official treat day special. Need some more ideas to pass along to them? How about some of these super easy and mostly free ways to celebrate all things M-O-M.

-- Mama gets a day off. Really. Dad (or whomever) takes the kids for the day, feeds them, wipes the boogies and the tushees, cleans up, does the dishes...all of it. Grab a box of bon-bons (or what ever is yummy to you) and take the day off.

-- Mama sleeps in. Okay, if you can't quite take the whole day off, at least get a few extra hours of ZZZs.

-- Mama doesn't cook. This is a biggie for most moms I know. A break from the one thing we seem spend most hours doing: cooking. Order in or go out to eat. Many of us do this anyway on Mother's Day, but do it for the whole day, not just brunch. Order that delivery pizza for dinner.

-- Mama gets a memory book. This is a cute idea that the kids can help with too. Make a book with pictures (maybe the kids draw them) that feature favorite memories, big and small.

-- Mama gets a massage. Send Mom off to the spa. Have a trained professional work those knots out that neck of hers, maybe have her sit in a fluffy robe and have her nail done...whatever you think will make her feel special.

Will you do any of these on Mother's Day?

ŠiStockphoto.com/lavoview

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM

good ideas.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Good ideas, but in my real life they're not gonna happen.  LOL

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Very cute but it will never happen for me lol.

Wish2Be
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I am taking my mom out to lunch and our favorite resturant that will be closing the day after Mother's Day. :(

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Great ideas!
jessicasmom1
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I would so love this... ever since DD has been 14 months old it has been her and I... a break would be lovely.

TheBabyFactory4
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Dh works on Sundays. It kinda sucks cuz the male manager work on mothers day and allow the mom managers to take off and the men get off father's day. So while he gets off on father's day, I don't get off on mother's day. But like every Sunday we will go to church when he gets off, they always honor the mother's and I bet he will take me out to eat at the restaurant of my choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Awe that's sad it's closing. I hate when good restaurants close

Quoting Wish2Be:

I am taking my mom out to lunch and our favorite resturant that will be closing the day after Mother's Day. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I agree.

Maybe we should raise our sons to respect their wifes enough when they get older to change diapers and clean too :)

CafeMom Tickers
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL  My sons are raised that way, but I just don't make a big deal out of Mother's Day.  No babies to change, we all clean up after ourselves for the most part (and I won't clean on Sundays), no breakfast in bed since I'm a morning person and am always the first one up, and I don't trust DH's cooking...the kids' maybe, but not his. 

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting michiganmom116:

I agree.

Maybe we should raise our sons to respect their wifes enough when they get older to change diapers and clean too :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)