Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Easy Ways to Celebrate You (And Other Moms)

Posted by   + Show Post

May 13. Mother's Day. The day we celebrate moms. All moms and those ladies (and some men) who do that mommy-thing for us. It is a mere six days away. What do you have planned? What do you want to do? What do you want to do for all of those other moms in your life (yes, that includes your mother-in-law and the mama kitty in your pet family)?

These past few weeks, we've been chatting about fun ways to indulge and treat ourselves. Now, on Mother's Day, people around us may take a few of those hints to make your official treat day special. Need some more ideas to pass along to them? How about some of these super easy and mostly free ways to celebrate all things M-O-M.

-- Mama gets a day off. Really. Dad (or whomever) takes the kids for the day, feeds them, wipes the boogies and the tushees, cleans up, does the dishes...all of it. Grab a box of bon-bons (or what ever is yummy to you) and take the day off.

-- Mama sleeps in. Okay, if you can't quite take the whole day off, at least get a few extra hours of ZZZs.

-- Mama doesn't cook. This is a biggie for most moms I know. A break from the one thing we seem spend most hours doing: cooking. Order in or go out to eat. Many of us do this anyway on Mother's Day, but do it for the whole day, not just brunch. Order that delivery pizza for dinner.

-- Mama gets a memory book. This is a cute idea that the kids can help with too. Make a book with pictures (maybe the kids draw them) that feature favorite memories, big and small.

-- Mama gets a massage. Send Mom off to the spa. Have a trained professional work those knots out that neck of hers, maybe have her sit in a fluffy robe and have her nail done...whatever you think will make her feel special.

Will you do any of these on Mother's Day?

ŠiStockphoto.com/lavoview

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on May. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Great ideas! I am hoping to be able to sleep in since my husband has the day off.

QueenPebz
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM
we changed it to appreciation day. im not the kids birthmom and not legally a stepmom so i dont want the mom title. its almost like a swearword to me, my own mother has just the name "mom", shes just like an irresponsible friend i know & the kids mom drank herself to death. so "mom" isnt a name im comfortable with. i plan on spending it hanging with the family though, maybe a cookout & fishing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by Ashley on May. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM
those r grt ideas. usually every yr i get breakfast in bed
yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

aahhh the spa is sooooo calling me lol

I know I will get breakfast in bed.. thats for sure.. the rest of the day I have no idea.. my kids and husband always come up with something, its a fun thing for them to "conspire" and have "secrets" lol..  I know hubby cant afford to send me to a spa this year... but he  might massage me himself.. huuummm :))  and the kids do most of the house cleaning that day.  Cooking? husband cooks mothers day and even some other days.. so thats not unusual.  

yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Oh thats a definite in my house.. my son is 16 and he knows how to cook (some things) and he cleans and helps.. i hope he learns to respect his wife and treat  her like a queen (hopefully God will send him a good wife that will appreciate that) :)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Good ideas, but in my real life they're not gonna happen.  LOL

I agree.

Maybe we should raise our sons to respect their wifes enough when they get older to change diapers and clean too :)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I'd love to have to not cook. That might happen...I normally go to my moms on mothers day and my stepdad is usually the one to cook lol.

ceciliam
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I like the not cooking and memory book idea:)

goddess99
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I hope I can sleep in. And I have no intention of cooking lol

Bmat
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I like the Mama sleeps in!

I talked with my mom and we decided she would cook, since my cooking isn't so good.

Leelee1008
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I love the last 2 of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement