Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Three Chic DIY Mother’s Day Gifts

Posted by   + Show Post

So, yes, all this week, we have ways to treat moms, mothers, mommies, mamas...you get the idea. Maybe you will use some of these to treat those women in your life. Or you will forward this onto those in charge of making your day special. Or you will print it out and post it on the bathroom mirror with a large red arrow pointing to the one you want.

Regardless, there is just something about a homemade gift. Like the snuggles on the couch after a long day, presents from little ones that they make (perhaps with adult supervision) make us feel all warm and gooey inside. And according to my mom, that doesn't stop when the kids have their own kids. I found a few great ideas that don't involve glitter or turning on the stove.

Cool Doorstop - This is a neat one from Amazing Moms and is especially perfect for those of you with screened doors that may keep on propped open. So easy for the kids to make with Dad. You just grab a coffee can, paint it or decorate the outside (and the lid) with fabric and glue that matches the décor of the room. Then fill it with sand and put the lid on - voila! - lovely doorstop for Mom. 

Chic Paper Flowers - Forget the large felt or cardboard flowers. Check out these gorgeous paper blossoms from Family Fun. Grab a slim branch from the yard, some tissue paper and glue. Cut the tissue paper into little squares and triangles, fold them just so and glue them on wherever it looks snazzy. Seriously a cool, elegant keepsake.

A Bowl of Fortunes - I love this one from the folks at Kaboose. Creating your own felt fortune cookies with personalized well wishes would make any mom smile. Tan felt, a glue gun and little bits of paper with the fortunes on them are all you need. Again, a neat way to get the kids involved with the project - they can cut the circles of the felt as well as write messages of love to Mom. Make a bunch and put them in a bowl or cardboard takeout box. 

What homemade gifts do you get? Will you try these?

©iStockphoto.com/ Hidesy

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
PrissyT
by Tracy on May. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM
My kidds always make things at school got to love a little diy from the kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

These are some cute ideas! I wish I had someone to make these for.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

slw123
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Cute ideas!!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Like these!!

MamaMandee
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I often get something cute made at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I get things they make in school. Usually with their pic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM

These are creative ideas! Dh normally has ds make me a card..and dh adds his own touch to it somehow. I still have a huge picture hanging up in my room where dh used tire sealent (i don't know if that's what its called but its black and it's meant to plug holes in tires temporarily lol) to spell out "happy mom's day"...it's weird looking and cracks me up everytime i see it.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Definitely spoiled! That's sweet :)

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Last year I got a rock taped to a piece of paper with a drawing on it. Yeah, I'm spoiled! ;)

I am hoping for some homemade cards from my kiddos and a massage from hubby.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

How do they make homemade wind chimes? I love windchimes!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

My dd has already made homemade cards, wind chimes and we're making suncatchers today.

Kelly913
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Unless DH takes it upon himself to help DS make something, it's not going to happen.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement