Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Mother’s Day Gift Ideas From All Over The House

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 45 Replies

Say Mom doesn't want the day off. Perhaps Dad and the kids aren't that crafty. What to give Mother Dear, what small little token could you present to her that can mark the occasion? Just walk from room to room and get inspired. Need a little help? Try these:

In the kitchen: Stock the cupboards with new coffee or tea. If the queen of the house loves a royal cup of coffee (or three), why get her a few new types of beans? If she loves Earl Gray tea, have her try green tea or oolong.

In the bathroom: The folks at Calgon were onto something. Treat her to some new bath bubbles to surround and soothe her and "take her away!" Or what about a small speaker for her iPod, to play some cool tunes as she relaxes or gets ready in the morning.

In the bedroom: Get her something she would never buy for herself. Have her slip her toes into new comfy slippers or a new robe. Fluffy, silky, black or print, a new cover-up can make her mornings as she makes those lunches and gets ready for work that much better.

In the living room: To use while watch the new season of The Bachelorette or Mad Men, or as she does the crossword puzzle or when she takes a much-needed catnap, Mama needs something to snuggle with on the couch. No, I'm not talking about a Snuggie. A sumptuous new throw blanket is a perfect choice. 

In the garage: Keep the important lady of the house safe when she isn't in the house. Stock her glove compartment with a small flashlight, a tire gauge, and other car safety tools...for just in case.

I want a new mug...how about you? What do you want?

©iStockphoto.com/ Fotohunter

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Oh! I really like the last one for my mother. Maybe my hubby can help me get something like that together for her car. My father passed away a few years ago, and I am always worried about stuff like that. I dont know what I want for Mother's day though!

ReesesPieces
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM
I just got some new pants and shirts. I'm down another size and needed the clothes. I snagged 3 pairs of jeans for $11.99 a pair, some smaller workout pants for $7.99, and I got 2 shirts and a necklace - all within what hubby was going to spend on flowers. Glad he chose to go the new clothes route instead. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Great ideas!

I told my family I wanted them each to tell me one thing that they appreciate me for rather than getting me cards or a gift.  My DD said she'd rather make breakfast in bed for me.  LOL  Gee, I didn't think it would be THAT hard to come up with one thing....

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Quoting ReesesPieces:

I just got some new pants and shirts. I'm down another size and needed the clothes. I snagged 3 pairs of jeans for $11.99 a pair, some smaller workout pants for $7.99, and I got 2 shirts and a necklace - all within what hubby was going to spend on flowers. Glad he chose to go the new clothes route instead. :)

Congrats on the weight loss!

ReesesPieces
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM
It's amazing what cutting out wheat has done for my health, energy, and waistline. ;). Thanks!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
lol! What a stinker. She's gotta be the 13 year old, right? Well, my kids still get me rocks. :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Great ideas!

I told my family I wanted them each to tell me one thing that they appreciate me for rather than getting me cards or a gift.  My DD said she'd rather make breakfast in bed for me.  LOL  Gee, I didn't think it would be THAT hard to come up with one thing....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM

It's done the same for me! 

Quoting ReesesPieces:

It's amazing what cutting out wheat has done for my health, energy, and waistline. ;). Thanks!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting ReesesPieces:

momkaribg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I got my mother (2) blown glass roosters.
momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Great ideas! I still went with rose bushes for my mom. I have no idea what I will get from my kids.
momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Oh and my Mom showed me a bird bath she wants for her backyard. I think we might get that for her from her grandkids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN