Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Indulge Yourself Challenge #6

Posted by   + Show Post

Mother's Day is all about indulging Mom...which means we get to treat ourselves, have "our day" so to speak. Have you thought about what you want to do on your day?

It is Indulge Yourself Challenge #6 and for this one, I want us all to stop and really think about what we want to do Sunday. Do you want to dress up and head to a lovely brunch? Do you want to stay in bed and nap all day? The main thing to remember is there is no one way to celebrate Mother's Day, there is no one correct way to indulge yourself...and any way you choose is right for you. But give yourself permission to assert what you want.

Me? It is kind of funny. I talk with lots of moms who go off for spa days or the like...I just like hanging with the one that, well, makes me a mom. I love spending Mother's Day with my daughter (and yes, my husband is there too). Nothing really out of the ordinary, playing, hanging out. I find myself on Mother's Day trying to say "yes" more to what she asks....which always reminds me how fun being a mom can be...as so often we focus on the hard, tough parts.

So, maybe, indulge yourself by saying yes on Mother's Day -- yes to what you want to do to treat yourself, yes to your kids, yes to all of the great things that comes with being a mom.

How are you going to spend Mother's Day? 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rushn311
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM

We are hopefully going to a small amusement park but I need to pay bills first...otherwise we will be home and I'll make my hubby cook.

AzariahsMother
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I have no clue right now.

lalasmama2007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM
We haven't decided yet.
LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM

We'll just BBQ later in the day

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I am not sure but I have been in alot of pain the last few days and I am hoping that by time Mother's Day gets here I can feel better.  That would make me happy.

suziejax
by Suzie on May. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I wont be indulging myself. I will just simply be spending good time with my kids. To me thats whats mothers day is all about

suziejax
by Suzie on May. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I hope you get well soon!!

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I am not sure but I have been in alot of pain the last few days and I am hoping that by time Mother's Day gets here I can feel better.  That would make me happy.

suziejax
by Suzie on May. 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

sounds fun!

Quoting Rushn311:

We are hopefully going to a small amusement park but I need to pay bills first...otherwise we will be home and I'll make my hubby cook.

Stevensmomma
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

hopefully sleeping in !

PrissyT
by Tracy on May. 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM
It was a great day spent it with mother n kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)