Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Would you buy it?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

Many of you may already be familiar with the incredible time-saver that is the delicates bag. You just put your lingerie, hosiery, and that one shirt that says "hand wash" but that you're too lazy to really hand-wash all in the bag, zip it up, and wash it cold with your other stuff. It's not as good for your delicates as the lavender-oil-and-potpourri treatment, but it's way faster — and it's a lot better than just tossing them into the machine naked. I've been a devotee of the bag approach for years, but my life got way better when I discovered the Tide Wash Bag.

A friend recommended the ol' TWB to me in grad school, when she noticed my sad delicates bag full of giant holes that bras would occasionally slip through. "Oh yeah," I said, "that's just what happens." Not to the TWB, she explained, and she's right — this motherfucker is durable. I've had it for years, and it has yet to spring a bra-leak despite hundreds (thousands?) of washes. It also dries quickly — you can pretty much take it out of the machine, pull your delicates out, and put it right back in a drawer. Someday perhaps I will be the kind of person who treats her bras with the TLC they deserve. Until then, the Tide Wash Bag limits the consequences of my laziness. Bonus: it is under $4.

Tide Wash Bag, $3.99 at Amazon

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReesesPieces
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
No. I am alright with my current washing methods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I might buy it, if I had anything that really needed handwashing and I wore it a lot.

erienne06
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Same

Quoting michiganmom116:

I might buy it, if I had anything that really needed handwashing and I wore it a lot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Nope but the price is great!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

no

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

yes!

Stevensmomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM

i have one and it works well for those items you cant just wash normal and it works good for stuffed animals

Kelly913
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I don't have any clothing that would need it, so no. 

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Yes I would!
SaturnsMom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Is this for bras?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement