Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Retirement is the Perfect time to Recycle yourself!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

I just heard this line on a commercial for a community college and loved it and wanted to share and see what you ladies thought. I often wonder about retirement with the way the economy is and how many retirees will need to return to the workforce to support themselves.Do you ladies ever worry about retirement and the threat that perhaps you might not get to retire the way you would hope to and might have to recycle yourself one day?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Not yet, but I am sure one day I will worry about that. We save in our 401k and savings now, but you never know.

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I worry about it.
Kelly913
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I simply trust God.  He's managed to take good care of us so far! 

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

i have been on disability for 15 years and was a nurse for 15 years before that. i let my license expire and now im getting it back to go back to work part-time to make the extra 700 dollars a month they will allow me to make. im afraid the disability wont be there for me one day.and im at the point right now where i feel like i can go back to work part-time.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I worry about it but not too much because there's nothing I can do about it at this point. One day I hope to not worry about it.
mommyprice09
by Ashley on May. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

i will worry once i get there

http://raysofsunshineanp.blogspot.com/
Stevensmomma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Yes of course that is always a concern but we actually have a plan in place DH works now full time and I stay home with the kids as I finish my degree and once the kids are all in school full time i will get a part time job and work and help save money then DH will retire when he is supposed to in 15 years and I will work until I can retire or want to retire and we should be set.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 6, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this

we do worry and we are working on it now.. have been for a while, we have plans and we are saving, trying our best to pay everything off.

sharon855
by New Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear alot of you saying, I can't or I will handle that when it comes up. Trust me, I had that same plan and it isn't working for me. I raised a family with a stepfather, worked full time before and after kids were in school and have had a lot given to me by my parents. Guess what you need to start doing it NOW!!! Can't will not put food on the table when you are old and or disabled ! Please start some kind of savings before anything else or you will end up like me!!! I had bad health and problems on my job or else I would still be working at 67. Hope you take my advise, i did not!!!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I think about it but I don't worry.  We have a savings, 401k, and a couple of other investments.  We own our home...no mortgage.  I was raised to be pretty self sufficient, and I know what is the least I need to live. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN