Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Paper or cyberspace?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Your prefer cyber mail or snail mail?

Options:

cyber mail

snail mail

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

The upcoming Mother's day brought me to thinking about sending every mom I know (or know online) a mother's day card by mail... then I thought, why not email them an electronic card instead?  I don't know, I like regular mail, to me its nice to receive paper mail and open up that envelope and see whats inside, but on another note I like saving the environment.  I am so ambivalent on this one.  I think I will save some trees and email my friends, although I think sending snail mail is more personal... maybe I will include a note that says "save a tree" lol..

What do you think?

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

When it comes to sending cards for holidays I'm all about snail mail. It seems so much more personal.

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on May. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Yes i prefer snail mail.

Kelly913
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I started to vote cyber mail until I read the rest of your statement.  I'm like you-it's fun to get something real in the mail, but then I have guilt about tossing it.  For anything else, I definately prefer email.  For holidays and special occassions, it's hard to say.  If you used one of the services where you get to choose a nice animated card and it's personalized, that might be OK.  What do you think the recipients would prefer?  Maybe that should be your deciding factor for each person. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats my dilemma.. but you have a point I had not thought of.. the recipient :)  I know for example my mother would love a card in the  mail, but some of my cousins would be happy with an email card.  So not to feel guilty i think i will send both depending to whom :))  Thanks!

Quoting Kelly913:

I started to vote cyber mail until I read the rest of your statement.  I'm like you-it's fun to get something real in the mail, but then I have guilt about tossing it.  For anything else, I definately prefer email.  For holidays and special occassions, it's hard to say.  If you used one of the services where you get to choose a nice animated card and it's personalized, that might be OK.  What do you think the recipients would prefer?  Maybe that should be your deciding factor for each person. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Would anyone of you ladies be interested in exchanging cards by mail?  I have another group here and we exchange christmas cards every year... some ladies even have sent family christmas picture cards.  I know exchanging addresses might be too private, so if you want we can email cards to each other.  Just an idea.  Let me know through PM :)

tayanddyl
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

neither but if i have to get one it would be cyber that way i can just trash it without getting up

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

either really!

princess_1983
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I bought my mom a card. She does not get on the computer that often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I prefer e-mail. I feel bad about throwing away the cards, plus I think they're a waste of trees. I send my mom, grandma, and aunt cards but everyone else I'll send an e-mail.

Kelly913
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Am I a horrible daughter that I haven't even thought about sending my mom a card for years?  We usually do something together around Mother's Day, but I can't remember the last time I sent a card. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)