Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

We've talked a lot about indulging ourselves in terms of little thing to buy or do...and the ultimate indulgence, so to speak, for ourselves and our families is having financial security. And to make that happen, I am a firm believer that we have to be happy with where we are and where we are going in terms of lifestyle and jobs and, well, goals. Personal goals, professional goals, financial goals - we deserve to accomplish these.

Sometimes it is tough to do it. Time, other money situations, other Life situations come into play. But there are things you can do, every day, every week to make any goal happen.

1. Visualize it. Set up visual reminders of the goal. Post them on the fridge. Put them in your wallet. Set them up as the screensaver of your computer. Seeing this every day, subtly, makes you work toward achieving that dream.

2. Set up goals you can do. Make short-term ones, medium-term ones, and long-term ones. When you reach that short-term goal of moving all of your bills to online payments, it gives you satisfaction...which makes you keep at that long-term goal of building an emergency fund. Getting that gratification, the thrill of achieving something snowballs into working toward other goals. So make that list -- small, medium, big -- and get going.

3. Be sure these are the goals YOU feel passionate about. That whole mantra of follow your dream...do it. Don't let others influence that dream or make you change that dream. Of course, talk to your husband, discuss goals and ideas with those that you trust and care about, but be sure they are yours. That you want to work toward them, that you feel passionate about them.

What are the goals you are working on? How are you doing with them?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Marekuliasz

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-35):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I think these ideas are pretty good for anything. I believe I have lost more weight recently because I had a goal weight in mind all week and thought about it all the time!

PrissyT
by Tracy on May. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Debt free and to lose weight I'm working on both very hard xtra income helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

#4 should be WRITE YOUR GOALS DOWN AND TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THEM.

You are 80% more likely to achieve a goal that you have committed to by telling someone or writing it down.  

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM

two goals right now.

1- finally start school.

2- pay off credit cards :)

and we are giving ourselves a year.

LadyJR83
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Get rid of credit card bills one at a time.

Pay minimum on most of the cards and choose one card at a time that you pay more monthly. Put cards away dont carry them around. Started yesterday! lol

But Im determined to stick to the plan!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN